gunnarsport

Two more years for 15 round mags...that done??

So you are gonna uproot your family, leave your career and move to another state because of the second amendment??

What I plan to do is irrelevant to your statement.  Owning firearms is not a privilege given to hobbyists, it is a right that is recognized and guaranteed in the constitution.

• Like 4

So you are gonna uproot your family, leave your career and move to another state because of the second amendment??

Yes. Uproot and replant. Why must you leave your career? Get another job in another state. Worked for me.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

• Like 3

I think that is the last straw for many people.

So no... while I would not leave the state SOLELY because of the 15 round ban.... but it would be yet another reason to leave the state.

Now, for the many members who have a lot of guns... this just may be a pretty big thing... after all, who wants to modify or get new mags for 20 or 30 guns?  And who is going to pay for it? 

• Like 3

Well, I guess if your a single guy with no kids and no family and not a secure job, it can be done. I assume most  are family guys, with solid careers that you just cant pull the rug out and start all over because of a firearms change in the state!

Listen, I plan to moved out of NJ in about 15 years at retirement, but it  will NOT be due to any firearms restrictions. It will be for lower cost of living!

Well, I guess if your a single guy with no kids and no family and not a secure job, it can be done. I assume most  are family guys, with solid careers that you just cant pull the rug out and start all over because of a firearms change in the state!

With a family.... would absolutely use it as the last straw to move.

Just look at the amount of people who have already left the state that are gun owners.  Some single, but many with families, with jobs.

For many, moving 20 mins North to upstate NY, 20 mins west to Pa, or 20 mins south to Delaware is a choice, where you can keep your job, just drive a tad more.

NJ is already over taxed, cost of living is stupid expensive, and besides those who work in NYC, or PHL.... who actually likes going there just to hang out?

Moving to PA is really not a huge deal.... or as big of a deal as people make out to be.

The only group of people who is caught between a rock and a hard place are those working for the state or waiting for pensions. THAT is tough.

For everyone else?  eh.

All of the people who over the last few years moved out to PA, FL, NC, SC, TX, AR, NH, VT.... none of them are dying to come back here.

• Like 5

Maskim, I understand, you make some good points. But to move your family and pull your kids out of school and move to another state because you are unhappy with a firearms restriction, seems a bit selfish to your wife, family and kids. Just my opinion.

Imagine your 10 year old daughter saying..."Daddy, why do we have to move, all my friends are here!"  Sorry honey, they just banned 15 round magazines, we have no choice!

Listen, I plan to moved out of NJ in about 15 years at retirement, but it  will NOT be due to any firearms restrictions. It will be for lower cost of living!

Just a quick other note, I see as per your profile you are in Mercer County.... moving to Bucks County at most adds 30 mins to your commute.  

As far as "solid careers".... it's a complete BS excuse honestly.  most of those guys would dump the company the moment they get a pay raise... and the company would dump them the moment we have the next recession.  You cannot use "solid career" as an excuse.

Family... very understandable... and that is the only reason we are still in NJ.  

• Like 1

Well, I guess if your a single guy with no kids and no family and not a secure job, it can be done. I assume most are family guys, with solid careers that you just cant pull the rug out and start all over because of a firearms change in the state!

Listen, I plan to moved out of NJ in about 15 years at retirement, but it will NOT be due to any firearms restrictions. It will be for lower cost of living!

Well enjoy your stay then.

Just a quick other note, I see as per your profile you are in Mercer County.... moving to Bucks County at most adds 30 mins to your commute.  

As far as "solid careers".... it's a complete BS excuse honestly.  most of those guys would dump the company the moment they get a pay raise... and the company would dump them the moment we have the next recession.  You cannot use "solid career" as an excuse.

Family... very understandable... and that is the only reason we are still in NJ.  

That is partially true.

I know for me, it's more about availability of jobs.  Living near the financial center of the country makes progressing my career easier than if I were living in bumblefuck New Hampshire.

That is partially true.

I know for me, it's more about availability of jobs.  Living near the financial center of the country makes progressing my career easier than if I were living in bumblefuck New Hampshire.

Finance?  Easy....

Dallas, Minneapolis, Charlotte,  and Florida are all fine places to grow in finance.  Is it as much as NYC? No... but you have significantly less competition too.

Again though, most folks will switch careers a number of times.

The bigger picture stuff is... why place career over your own happiness? 

Why do the woulda, coulda, shoulda.... 

btw... great discussion.

But plenty of folks in finance are also working remotely...

• Like 1

Finance?  Easy....

Dallas, Minneapolis, Charlotte,  and Florida are all fine places to grow in finance.  Is it as much as NYC? No... but you have significantly less competition too.

Again though, most folks will switch careers a number of times.

The bigger picture stuff is... why place career over your own happiness? 

Why do the woulda, coulda, shoulda.... 

btw... great discussion.

But plenty of folks in finance are also working remotely...

Again you make valid points and I want this discussion to remain general.

I'm just saying that for my particular field, I don't have much of a choice except NY, and maybe Boston and San Fran.  Which are probably worse...

The mag limit is a symptom, not the disease.  It's not just the 15 round mags that will be history, they'll ban ARs, AKs, etc., and possibly all manner of semi-auto.   At the same time income taxes, property taxes and any other type of tax they can dream up will continue to rise.  

There is a reason why NJ is the #1 State for people leaving and it will be a whole lot worse in a couple years when Sweeney becomes Governor.

So what happens if certain bans go nationwide, you guys gonna leave the country??

Ride it out, because the Dems won't be in control forever. NJ is lost and will never bend to the right unless forced to by the rest of the country.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

• Like 1

I'm retired and would love to leave this sh*t hole far behind me.If it wasn't for my wifes mom I'd be long gone. Not just because of the 15 round restriction.

same here, but its my mom. its the only thing keeping me here.

I have been planning the move to PA for two years.  I figure it will take me about another two years to finally feel ready with both work and family.

That being said, if NJ is intent on turning me into a criminal via legislation, why then yes, I'd move out as quickly as possible.

Imagine if NJ made a law that said any car over 200 bhp is illegal, and you if you keep a car over 200bph, then you are a criminal.  Same thing to me.  

As soon as my older son finishes HS i'm moving to PA, but i need to wait 3 more years. For me it's harder to give up my job since i would be giving up a pension and unvested stock. But my commute would not change if i moved to northern PA, 60 miles north or 60 miles east makes no difference to me.

I have been planning the move to PA for two years.  I figure it will take me about another two years to finally feel ready with both work and family.

That being said, if NJ is intent on turning me into a criminal via legislation, why then yes, I'd move out as quickly as possible.

Imagine if NJ made a law that said any car over 200 bhp is illegal, and you if you keep a car over 200bph, then you are a criminal.  Same thing to me.  

Do you think thats not on some tree huggers mind? I hope I don't live to see it but believe its coming to that.

Do you think thats not on some tree huggers mind? I hope I don't live to see it but believe its coming to that.

Of course it is. People love to use the threat of government sanctions to force other people to live/act/do like they want them to.  Just look at all of the victimless crimes we already have.