maintenanceguy

ANJRPC Right to Carry Billboard - Huh?

Saw this tonight on Rt. 49 on the eastern side of Bridgeton, Cumberland County.   Wondering if ANJRPC has an actual plan to fight for the right to carry or if it's just a tactic to get us gun-loving southerners to join a shooting club we'd never actually drive too.

ANJRPC-BillBoard.jpg

• Like 1

Haha your quick. I edited it right when you posted I guess, though you said Millville then I reread it and realized it said bridgeton. I doth think I'm too far from there, I'm in upper deerfield. 

There has been a billboard up on the White Horse Pike (Rt 30) in Berlin NJ sponsored by the ANJRPC for several months. This one says "Your mission: defend the second amendment" with a portrait of George Washington. The ANJRPC has never had a strong presence in South Jersey, and I think these billboards are an attempt to expand down here. Hope it works.

Saw this tonight on Rt. 49 on the eastern side of Bridgeton, Cumberland County.   Wondering if ANJRPC has an actual plan to fight for the right to carry or if it's just a tactic to get us gun-loving southerners to join a shooting club we'd never actually drive too.

ANJRPC-BillBoard.jpg

not that it matters but just to clarify, ANJRPC is not a shooting club/range. It is actually a statewide group of almost 100 clubs,leagues etc. Cherry Ridge is the actual range that it owns.  You can be a member of ANJRPC only or a member with shooting priveleges at the range priced accordingly.

The problem is in Trenton.

I agree, but they should be spreading them out all over NJ... Not just ccw billboards either. Any 2A billboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ANJRPC-BillBoard.jpg

IMHO the message really needs to be more clear. Problem is the majority of the general population have no idea what it means by "restore right to carry."

Also I agree that more of these need to be in North Jersey where the problem and population are mostly concentrated.

• Like 1

IMHO the message really needs to be more clear. Problem is the majority of the general population have no idea what it means by "restore right to carry."

Also I agree that more of these need to be in North Jersey where the problem and population are mostly concentrated.

That was my thought too. The average person will think "carry what?". But it is something.

That was my thought too. The average person will think "carry what?". But it is something.

That billboard only makes sense to gun owners.  What the real message should be is this.  Restore right to self defense. That is a message that gets through to everyone.  It also reinforces that NJ residents are essentially defenseless.

• Like 4

Maybe they should concentrate more north where the real problems lie.

I agree, they should have pro 2nd amendment billboards on the turnpike leading to the tunnels going into NYC, and in Trenton across from the statehouse. Probably expensive, but I would donate for something like that.

I agree, they should have pro 2nd amendment billboards on the turnpike leading to the tunnels going into NYC, and in Trenton across from the statehouse. Probably expensive, but I would donate for something like that.

For sure. Putting them in bumfook no where is a waste.

Maybe they should concentrate more north where the real problems lie.

I agree, but they should be spreading them out all over NJ... Not just ccw billboards either. Any 2A billboard.

this. all of it. we need these up here in the dense north. we need them up on rt. 22, rt. 78, the parkway, the turnpike.

get all the eyes of all the people driving to work in the NY area to see it. get them talking. get them THINKING.

when the election campaign signs start going up around here, my political 2A support signs go up again as well.

I put them up on my property where they're visible to a whole host of people who make the jump from 22 to 78, and back.

also, I don't allow ANY political signs on my property unless I grant them permission. I actively remove them from my property (they make GREAT target boards at the range, FYI.) if someone from ANJRPC wants to contact me and see about putting something here, I'd be willing to entertain it.

• Like 1

For sure. Putting them in bumfook no where is a waste.

One advantage to putting them down here is that 50% of people driving buy will understand and agree.  Put them in Patterson or Hoboken and you'll be lucky to get 1% agreement.

I'm still not sure what good it does if 50% of the people seeing this billboard say to themselves "hooray for us" as they drive by.  There's no call to action.  I agree - what now?

This 10000000000000%

Not after dark they aren't.

this. all of it. we need these up here in the dense north. we need them up on rt. 22, rt. 78, the parkway, the turnpike.

get all the eyes of all the people driving to work in the NY area to see it.

Based on the news we could use a few along the Delaware so the people driving to work from PA can see it.