2AJoe

Hello to all

Hey guys and gals, I am somewhat new to shooting, and I am looking forward to learning from others. I went a few months ago to RTSP and did some shooting 9mm Glock 19 Gen 4. Now, I can't stop shooting. I love shooting targets, but also having it for self-defense.

I am waiting on my FID card (almost 3 months) and I have an eye on a couple of handguns I would like to have. I love where I live, with the exception of these pointless gun restrictions that we need to endure here in NJ. 

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

• Like 2

... I love where I live, with the exception of these pointless gun restrictions that we need to endure here in NJ...

But our gun laws aren't pointless

They keep the criminals disarmed and allow the good people to protect themselves

... OH, WAIT

[emilylatella] Never mind !

• Like 1

Welcome.  What else are you thinking about purchasing?  Enjoy the new hobby!

Hi gleninjersey, I have two 9mm in mind. The CZ 75B and the Beretta 92FS Brigadier. The only thing that sucks about the CZ 75B, is that it is normally 16 + 1; which makes it illegal in NJ. This limits your sources to purchase them here in NJ. 

Hi gleninjersey, I have two 9mm in mind. The CZ 75B and the Beretta 92FS Brigadier. The only thing that sucks about the CZ 75B, is that it is normally 16 + 1; which makes it illegal in NJ. This limits your sources to purchase them here in NJ. 

If your willing to wait i think it can be ordered with 10 round mags. Ask the guys at RTSP they can get it I'm sure.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.  Have you followed up with your PD regarding your FID?  Any reason why theyr'e delaying on it so long?

Yes, I spoke to the Sgt last week. He advised me that they have yet to hear back from Trenton on my fingerprints. It has been a nightmare with this process. First, I dropped off my forms and check to Hope Police barracks mid-december. A co-worker's husband (Washington, NJ) applied a the week after (relevance later) me. I was then told I would receive my fingerprint card in the mail. It was about two weeks later I haven't received it; I decided to call, I was told due to the holiday's and being backed up, I should receive the completed fingerprint card in the next two weeks. It took about two weeks and I received it. Now, it is almost mid-january. I made an appointment, which the earliest appointment was in two weeks. I show up (15 minutes early) and the office was closed. No call, no sign, and no voicemail of the reason. I called and called, and no answer. The following day I called and was told that I have to reschedule it. They claimed they tried to contact me. I doubt this due to me being off that day and having my cell with me all day. So, the earliest appointment was in two weeks. So, two weeks go by and I was able to get my fingerprints :) Now, two - three weeks after this, I am told they are still waiting to hear from Trenton on my fingerprints. BTW, my co-worker's husband received his FID in 30 days.

Sorry for the long rant.

If your willing to wait i think it can be ordered with 10 round mags. Ask the guys at RTSP they can get it I'm sure.

They do have one now that holds 15; but, I can't get it until my damn FID gets approved. 

But our gun laws aren't pointless

They keep the criminals disarmed and allow the good people to protect themselves

... OH, WAIT

[emilylatella] Never mind !

Don't get me going on this topic.

They do have one now that holds 15; but, I can't get it until my damn FID gets approved. 

Hopefully you get it soon. I also go to RTSP nice range and decent prices. i bought a VP9 and Kimber Raptor from them. When you get into rifles and you will. 1. You better get a 2nd and 3rd job and 2. they opened a new indoor range in Flemington that stretches out 40 Yards but does not have any rental as of yet. Google Tactical Training Center

Hopefully you get it soon. I also go to RTSP nice range and decent prices. i bought a VP9 and Kimber Raptor from them. When you get into rifles and you will. 1. You better get a 2nd and 3rd job and 2. they opened a new indoor range in Flemington that stretches out 40 Yards but does not have any rental as of yet. Google Tactical Training Center

I do love some of the rifles; but you are right about the money. Thank god for tax season :) I found the website you were referring about. It looks nice, but there are not enough info or pics to make a true judgement. Your thoughts on the VP9? I also looked at that one.

Hi gleninjersey, I have two 9mm in mind. The CZ 75B and the Beretta 92FS Brigadier. The only thing that sucks about the CZ 75B, is that it is normally 16 + 1; which makes it illegal in NJ. This limits your sources to purchase them here in NJ.

If not too far for you, Steve at Monmouth Arms almost always has pinned 15 mag CZ 75s. Great guy to do business with. Great gun as well!

http://monmoutharms.com/firearms.html

It is great. feels great and shoots even better. big plus is the trigger is great out of the box. Out of all the polymer guns i own the VP is my favorite. 

I bought the LE version with night sights and extra mag. No mods needed. 

Thanks for the info. I will look into renting one as well as the others I mentioned.

Aren't all fingerprints now done digitally by a 3rd party?

Sounds like you are getting a serious run around by the state police. Welcome to the forum.

Yes, but my hands are kind of tied. It really sucks when I need to keep myself from going off on someone,

If not too far for you, Steve at Monmouth Arms almost always has pinned 15 mag CZ 75s. Great guy to do business with. Great gun as well!

http://monmoutharms.com/firearms.html

Thank you. I added them to my bookmarks of gun sites. I've heard great things about them. I always try to do as much research as possible before purchasing anything. Firearms to me is something that would require such due diligence. 

Thank you. I added them to my bookmarks of gun sites. I've heard great things about them. I always try to do as much research as possible before purchasing anything. Firearms to me is something that would require such due diligence.

The CZ 75B is a well made and very good value. In addition to being nice shooters many feel they are one of the best ergonomic pistols around.

Check out Sootch00 our Hickock45's YouTube reviews if you haven't already.

https://youtu.be/ybT3wCzzB0M

https://youtu.be/WgDhURHa0OQ

Don't be too disappointed if you don't shoot as well as Hickock45. He is an amazing shot and an encyclopedia of firearm knowledge. One of my favorite Youtubers to watch.

Call the state police, most likely the sgt in your town has no idea.  I've heard many a local PD say we are waiting on the state, only to call the state to hear them say we responded weeks ago.