Purple Patrick

Lightweight work boots

What's everyone wearing this spring/summer fashion season? I need a decent pair of boots for work that are light and breathable. In a perfect world they would be water proof but I know that adds weight and cuts airflow so water resistant or quick drying is fine. I prefer mid height. I currently rock waterproof Merrells and love them but they are starting to make my feet sweat. It's only getting warmer!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Do you need safety toes or are you ok with regular?

I've had great results with Bates and 5.11...  I've had Bates desert boots while playing airsoft/etc through the summer - lasted forever and breathe well.

Also - these may be a little on the high side for you in terms of boot height but the price is nice!

http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-fw-a7001-coyote-athlete7.html

• Like 1

My every day work boot: http://www.amazon.com/Chippewa-20065-Handcrafted-Lace-Up-Chocolate/dp/B0036VN92G/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1457646034&sr=1-1&nodeID=679307011&keywords=chippewa+boots

I wear them shooting/training, working, running errands, etc.  Basically, it's my do-all.  They're extremely well constructed and made in the US.  They aren't cheap but they aren't super expensive either.

Do you need safety toes or are you ok with regular?

I've had great results with Bates and 5.11... I've had Bates desert boots while playing airsoft/etc through the summer - lasted forever and breathe well.

Also - these may be a little on the high side for you in terms of boot height but the price is nice!

http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-fw-a7001-coyote-athlete7.html

I do not need steel toe. I had a pair of 5.11s and they didn't hold up as well as their other products that I use and love

My every day work boot: http://www.amazon.com/Chippewa-20065-Handcrafted-Lace-Up-Chocolate/dp/B0036VN92G/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1457646034&sr=1-1&nodeID=679307011&keywords=chippewa+boots

I wear them shooting/training, working, running errands, etc. Basically, it's my do-all. They're extremely well constructed and made in the US. They aren't cheap but they aren't super expensive either.

That's a sharp chukka style. How are they to get on and off

That's a sharp chukka style. How are they to get on and off

It does take a little time to lace up and down.  I kneel to put them on or take them off.  Good practice for when the robots take over and demand my subservience ;)

When your on your feet all day, don't skimp on footwear.  Your feet, hips, back, spine, even up to your shoulders and neck will thank you.  I can tell you after years on my feet with half ass footwear, I am paying for it now.

For me, Red Wing Shoes.  Not cheap, but worth every penny.  Customer Service is excellent. If you have a problem they will take care of you.

Every year my job gave me a $250 limit to buy work boots (safety toe). Most years I Red Wing or Chippewa, but one year I bought Converse. They are by far the lightest and most comfortable boots I have ever owned. Insulated and water proof. As for durability, it is hard to say as I was on the construction site as an inspector or project manager and didn't really do rough work in them. I retired 2 years ago, have at least 5 pair of almost new boots but will still first put on the Converse.

Bates makes an ultra light boot that is unbelievably comfortable.  I have bad knees and can't work in a heavy boot, the ultra light is easy on my knees. The tread is very grippy, good on all terrain and I can tell you they are 100% immune to bleach, ammonia and detergents.   The only drawback, they barely last the landscaping season before they are toast.  Other than that, they are fantastic, so good that I'm willing to buy a new pair every year.  They are essentially a disposable boot.

Rockports... I've had these since 2011 and wear them regularly including when I was riding. An occasional spit and shine and they are looking almost new. Very comfortable for all day use.

Rockport® Works™ Waterproof 6" Side - zip Duty Boots, Black -

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/rockport-works-waterproof-6-side-zip-duty-boots-black?a=919053