deni

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Carbine - thoughts?

CZ-Scorpion-EVO3-S1-Carbine-500x333.png

I'm interested in picking this up once it becomes available.

I put out a feeler through the Gun Price Request and received one response basically saying they won't sell this gun because it's illegal in NJ.  :vinsent:

I didn't bother with a response but I am curious- besides the obvious(combo of mag capacity, adj. stock, pistol grip), is there something about this specific firearm that makes it more illegal than an AR-15? Something that makes it, for lack of a better term, 'un-neuterable' to comply to NJ standards?

Also, your general input on said firearm is welcome.

I like it because it's 9mm, I like CZ(although have no experience outside of their handgun offerings) and it looks so tacticool.

post-2271-0-54428800-1457886306_thumb.png

CZ-Scorpion-EVO3-S1-Carbine-500x333.png

is there something about this specific firearm that makes it more illegal than an AR-15? 

It's scary looking, thus illegal in NJ.  And remember if you have to ask, it's illegal in NJ.  

• Like 1

Do you have the pistol version in NJ or in another state ? I thought it was over the 50 oz rule

Can't have a barrel shroud either. That'll never make it past the NJ pistol laws.

• Like 2

i am looking to send out the pistol version to convert to a rifle with fake suppressor. just need to wait until the funds replenish.

For the uneducated, the above can be done legally in NJ, as long as the dealer who modifies it from a pistol to a rifle is a manufacturer and they engrave their info on it. Go for it CageFighter.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

Did you check out the Sig MPX true 16 inch barrel carbine?

it's a very good looking carbine but the price point of the cz is more enticing and i might prefer the more 'traditional' stock

13 hours ago, tattooo said:

Scorpion is awesome and worth every penny, you can get the 20 round mags pinned if you can't find the 10 rounders.

It probably is, and in a free state the SBR version makes sense.  

Just now, tattooo said:
7 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:
It probably is, and in a free state the SBR version makes sense.  

Yep, SBR is how they were meant to be..... Just like the Kriss vector

SBR version, pistol version, rifle version 

In that order

• Like 1

I have one I keep in Fl. You will need to spend  about $150 over and above for:

1compliant mags

2 The pull weight on the trigger sucks but this is easily corrected with a reduced weight spring kit and possibly a different shape trigger shoe

3. The pistol grip that is on it is very uncomfortable because of its extreme angulation and how it positions your hand relative to the safety lever-- many shooters will encounter a situation that with the standard grip, the bottom of the safety lever will rub either your index finger and/or the webspace between your thumb and index finger--you will need to replace the pistol grip with an aftermarket one designed for scorpion that is more verticle (will not destroy the look of the scorpion) and/or the safety lever with another style lever

4 There are no points for connecting a sling swivel only for a hook but there is an aftermarket fix/part to add front and rear sling swivel cups

5. You will want to replace the existing bolt grab handle with an aftermarket one if you intend on using a red dot or scope because when you rack it, you hand may rub against your optic. 

All of these things could have and should have been fixed by CZ as this rifle is not inexpensive. On the bright side, there are tons of aftermarket parts available for these fixes and the rifle shoots great and is very accurate.