Sign in to follow this  
DevsAdvocate

Think I may have found my new muzzle device for my SCAR 17

http://2a-arms.com/collections/muzzle-devices/products/copy-of-t3-compensator

Been bouncing around on these for sometime and finally think I may settle on this for my "shorty" SCAR 17 barrel (cutting my spare barrel with pinned/welded brake down to 16.1" OAL).  I wanted a muzzle brake that:

1.  Isn't super long lengthwise to maintain as long a barrel length as possible.  This is advertised as 2.115" OAL, but realistically only adds ~1.4" to the barrel of the rifle.  The other alternatives I looked at like the PWS FSC30 (which came with my barrel) and the GoGun Supercomp XL are considerable longer at 2.75" (2" OAL added) and 2.4" OAL with the Supercomp

2.  From video reviews, it appears to function well as a comp, not mitigating recoil too much, but keeping muzzle movement fairly minimal.

3.  It's not a "flash hider" and it appears the exit hole would satisfy the pinky hole rule.  Any literature on it only says it mitigates flash compared to other comps/brakes, so that's a lot of grey area.

4.  By all accounts, it's not really "blasty" like a full on muzzle brake.

5.  Looks pretty fancy.

6.  It also comes in Titanium and 5.56/223 versions!

So what do ya'll think? :)

Also, is 4140 steel any good?  I have no idea what that all means...

However it says it mitigates some flash. :)

"The X3 also mitigates some of the flash that is commonly associated with compensators"

Doesn't "hide" flash though... PWS FSC says that, and so does the BattleComp series... at least they did until Vuurwapen called them out on it.

BCM's was a good choice, but they flat out say "flash suppression" :(

Go for it man. I've been looking at that come very hard. Look at the other ti compensator I posted a thread about. I'm getting one in to see if it really isn't a flash hider. The one you are looking at I'd definitely consider not one

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The PWS has a BATFE letter saying it isn't a flash hider.

Irrelevant to the NJSP. This has been discussed here multiple times. The methodology however may be helpful if you read how they did it though as that can set a standard that is objective and measurable.

My experience with muzzle brakes is they are all, by their very nature: blasty.  Seeing as I plan to use it on a 308, it would just be more obnoxious.  On a 556 it's unnecessary as the recoil is already so light.  A comp is a far better mix.