antimatter

NGD - Hi-Point 995TS

OK - i will get right into it - why doesn't everyone have one of these?

I have been debating one of these for a couple years now and should have bought one a long time ago. 

There have been so many things said about these things so I wont drone on.

This is a fun carbine...period.  I finally got out this morning and cant find any negatives to say about it. 

Sights are fantastic, its very ergonomic (at least for me and i am a lefty).  Low recoil and its only 250!!!

I ran about 120-130 rounds thru it and all were flawless.  no hangups, no failure to anything.

i have 3 factory 10's and 2 pro-mag 15's.  All functioned perfectly.  This gun is new and the manual no longer states that the pro-mags will void anything.  Apparently they have updated the mags (ProMag #: HIP-A3). 

Accuracy was great, even the RO came over (he has one also) and commented how good the groups where.

Overall i am very happy with this, its tons of fun to shot.  it reminds me of a star wars blaster and its cheap.

Honestly whoever bashes these is just bored or never shot one.

Based on today i would have no issue grabbing it in the middle of the night.

Cheers! 

AM

It's a great rifle for that $49 RDS.  I think everyone with a boat should own one.  It has a great trigger guard to attach the anchor line to.  It's heavy enough to hold your position on the water on those windy days,  But, I wouldn't use one, it's so butt ugly even the fish know to stay away.

I was interested in this gun but can't seem to get past the look, lol... Someone was making a CX4 look a like stock for the High Point that would have changed my mind but its been discontinued. Shame really. 

But since I already have a Beretta 92FS I'm looking at getting a CX4, if they ever become available again.

Only cx4 they stopped making was the .45

I would have bought one years ago if they out a solid rail on the entire top side. Not a fan of the integrated sights, nor a fan of the price it costs to mod it, but there is a place that will completely rework a cx4, forget where.

Why get yet another black rifle? If Hillary gets in and Sweeney becomes Governor, we will have to get rid of them

all anyway! The only people who will benefit are the buyers in free America who will be paying pennies on the dollar

due to everyone in Jersey trying to unload them all at the same time!

Seriously, if they win election, what are the chances they would allow us to keep our AR,s AK,s etc?

I hate this frigging state!

Hate to revive the dead, but where did you find it for 250? Seen em new for 350ish, and can get my hands on a lightly used one for around 300 with some extra mags and stuff.

That a good price? Thought about picking one up just to plink with. Wanted a GSG-5/MP5 type toy but don't want one in .22 and a real mp5 clone is like 2500$+.

Dang, i was there literally yesterday. If i knew id buy it there. If thats the case, 300$ with a few extra mags and a barrel shroud (to look like a supressor) isnt really worth it, because for the extra 30 or 40$ itll be new and whatever caliber i want. I guess 300 is reasonable with the 3 or 4 mags hes included assuming im paying 350 at a local dealer plus tax and nics, but at 270 plus tax and 5$ nics in PA, ill just get it at a later date when i decide to take the trip.

Isn't the breakdown process terrible?

Yes it is. The Hi Point does have AK reliabilty though. When I shoot it I punch the bore a few times and knocked off the big chunks. I've had mine for about 10 years and at least a couple thousand rounds and I've only taken it apart once.

I shot mine today. Haven't shot it for over a year. Put 100 rds through it no malfunctions. I'll probably take it apart for a thorough cleaning. It's been a few years.

Interesting thanks

Yes it is. The Hi Point does have AK reliabilty though. When I shoot it I punch the bore a few times and knocked off the big chunks. I've had mine for about 10 years and at least a couple thousand rounds and I've only taken it apart once.

I shot mine today. Haven't shot it for over a year. Put 100 rds through it no malfunctions. I'll probably take it apart for a thorough cleaning. It's been a few years.

I shot my 4595 today. Zeroed for 75 yards (would hit 5" low at 100) with 230 fmj. The 995 shoots 4-6" @ 100. The 4595 is not as accurate shooting 6-8". Either is accurate enough for SD purposes. The 4595 fed whatever I gave it including my lead swc loads.

I can't see any reason to replace anything on either rifle. They are what they are and very usable as they are.

I just bought a 995ts last Friday. It sucks that the 15 round promags could damaged the gun; 10 rounds can be a little boring and the new red ball 20 round magazine is not allowed in NJ. I ordered two extra magazines, my gun only came with one magazine. Hopefully they come on Friday so I can spend less time reloading when I take it shooting this weekend.

I just bought a 995ts last Friday. It sucks that the 15 round promags could damaged the gun; 10 rounds can be a little boring and the new red ball 20 round magazine is not allowed in NJ. I ordered two extra magazines, my gun only came with one magazine. Hopefully they come on Friday so I can spend less time reloading when I take it shooting this weekend.

It used to be explicitly stated in the manual not to use them;  the one i bought back in march the manual says nothing about it.  So i am going by that.  

I have 2 of the 15 rounders at this time and they do work great.  mine was order from Buds and it was newer stock as they were out leading up to my order. 

also i have heard of people going to back for service and admitting to them they have used the Pro-mags and they still honored the warranty.  of course this is internet lore, but for $235....i am going to shot the 15's and let the cards fall where they may.  Again, my manual state nothing about those mags so i am going to use them.   

i did gets 10'a as well, and yes its so-so but when CC is gone we are going to 10 so there!

It used to be explicitly stated in the manual not to use them;  the one i bought back in march the manual says nothing about it.  So i am going by that.  

I have 2 of the 15 rounders at this time and they do work great.  mine was order from Buds and it was newer stock as they were out leading up to my order. 

also i have heard of people going to back for service and admitting to them they have used the Pro-mags and they still honored the warranty.  of course this is internet lore, but for $235....i am going to shot the 15's and let the cards fall where they may.  Again, my manual state nothing about those mags so i am going to use them.   

i did gets 10'a as well, and yes its so-so but when CC is gone we are going to 10 so there!

I just shot my Hi-Point this weekend, I like it alot. I picked up two extra ten round magazines for it, I went through a 100 rounds in a short range trip. It groups pretty good. The only modification I did was I wrapped some paracord around the stock were you put your cheek; when you shoot it, it kind of pinches your cheek for some weird reason. 

But anyway, if you do have the newer Pro-Mag 15 round magazines do they work? Are they reliable? Did you have to do some minor gunsmithing to get it to work? I'm just asking because I should pick some up. I like being at the legal limit when it comes to magazine size, why have 10 rounds when you can have 15?

I just shot my Hi-Point this weekend, I like it alot. I picked up two extra ten round magazines for it, I went through a 100 rounds in a short range trip. It groups pretty good. The only modification I did was I wrapped some paracord around the stock were you put your cheek; when you shoot it, it kind of pinches your cheek for some weird reason. 

But anyway, if you do have the newer Pro-Mag 15 round magazines do they work? Are they reliable? Did you have to do some minor gunsmithing to get it to work? I'm just asking because I should pick some up. I like being at the legal limit when it comes to magazine size, why have 10 rounds when you can have 15?

right now i have 2 of the 15 rounders; no mods, no issues. they have worked great.  in fact the only issue i have had was with the factory mags.  once and awhile the slide won't lock back.   

BTW, I've found it useful to loctite (blue) the charging handle (bolt). I've never lost it but have found it to loosen up during extended firing. Not hard to get out again and being that's only every couple of thousand rounds not hard to live with.

Does anyone know if the rail underneath the carbine fits any picatteny accessories? I'm thinking about putting on an angle foregrip or a flashlight mount in the future. I still want to pick up some extra magazines and try out the 15 round magazines or get a Redball magazine and get it blocked to 15 rounds, but I'm focused on building an AR-15 carbine for right now.