n4p226r

NJ R Legislator thinks he and judges are better than us

Some of you guys are thinking about this and that is a good thing.

Most of you are just pissed off. That's a bad thing.

I now don't think this going to go anywhere.

I do feel this senator was trying to work an angle against the democratic machine.

I will say this, before I jumped to any conclusions I just called the office up and asked why?

Some of you guys are thinking about this and that is a good thing.

Most of you are just pissed off. That's a bad thing.

I now don't think this going to go anywhere.

I do feel this senator was trying to work an angle against the democratic machine.

I will say this, before I jumped to any conclusions I just called the office up and asked why?

Zeke, did his office say anything about this being used as a way to get cc permits done?  Seemed like it was more about just the legislators.

Zeke, did his office say anything about this being used as a way to get cc permits done? Seemed like it was more about just the legislators.

"Opening the door"

" getting something on the table"

The number is in this thread, ask for yourself( I think I posted it quite a bit).

Politics is akin to a first date.

Shawn, I'm going toss you under the bus here. I apologize.

Have you guys not learned to stfu on public forumns? Anything that could possibly back door aid us?

Cmon guys, think.

And if you grumpy old men had all the answers, we would not have these problems.

• Like 2

Have you guys not learned to stfu on public forumns? Anything that could possibly back door aid us?

Cmon guys, think.

And if you grumpy old men had all the answers, we would not have these problems.

Zeke just earned +100 internet points. The cat is barely out of the bag and is nearly skinned already...
  • Like 1

"Opening the door"

" getting something on the table"

The number is in this thread, ask for yourself( I think I posted it quite a bit).

Politics is akin to a first date.

Ok, I called his office and I believe I spoke to Elise.  Same as you.  She was very nice and didn't rush me off the call.  His game plan is in fact to back door this into "shall issue".  His intention is not, as I suggested, to create a new class of CCW worthy politicians.  In my own defense... my lack of trust for NJ politicians immediately leads me to believe they are not working for us, but for themselves.    I don't think he's working for himself.

She talked about how he's tried many times over the years to push pro gun legislation, only to have it squashed.  This is a potential way to get somewhere.

For example, when the Dems shut down a bill saying we can't just give anyone a gun.... "well... let's remove your justification for that opposition. Let's give thoroughly vetted judges and legislators, who by the way are sometimes threatened, a permit to carry a firearm."

The response may still be some hysterical "save the children" response.... but to break down their argument, it might take breaking it down a piece at a time.

So.... I've changed my position on this.  I still don't like the "two class" basis of the proposition, but I see where he's going with it and i think it's being used to manipulate the left, rather than shaft the rest of us. So, in this case it seems like it's worth a shot.  It would make a good political ad at some point.

Zeke.....   nicely done.

HEY CAN I HAVE DAT M1 CARBINE THAT'S NOT MARKED M1 CARBINE??  I remember BA taking deposits for those, I wonder if anyone got their money back from them

Zeke just earned +100 internet points. The cat is barely out of the bag and is nearly skinned already...

Cmon guys, think.

There were many people yelling and crying on his FB page that "he" stated the reasoning behind introducing this legislation. There's no way any opposing CCW that is a part of the NJ legislator wouldn't have been able to guess why he's doing it.

I never understood why people think politicians are stupid when it comes to this stuff. They know exactly what they are doing and the wanted end.

There were many people yelling and crying on his FB page that "he" stated the reasoning behind introducing this legislation. There's no way any opposing CCW that is a part of the NJ legislator wouldn't have been able to guess why he's doing it.

I never understood why people think politicians are stupid when it comes to this stuff. They know exactly what they are doing and the wanted end.

Manw/B:  So if I read that right, you're saying that Sweeney and Prieto clearly knew what was up and didn't need to see Cardinale's comment on FB to figure it out.  Probably right.  Those who shaft everyone immediately assume everyone else is shafting them.

What I think Cardinale got wrong was not getting word out to supporters in a bigger way about what he was doing.  If that's the plan.. say it really friggin' loud.  Dare Sweeney and Prieto to deny what they should all agree are thoroughly vetted people the right to carry.  But then have a plan in place to make the most of the D's ridiculous assertion that these people are not worthy to carry a firearm.  Make them look like Jack-Asses to the public.

I don't see that it makes sense to have a private battle in the state house, that in all likelihood you will lose, unless you plan to get something more out of that loss. Other than.."Look voters...I'm pro 2A".   And I don't think a campaign slogan is what he is after.  But I'd sure like to see what else he's got planned.. other than just sitting down after its tabled.

Sen. Cardinale might need a nudge.......

Just updated his facebook page:

In light of the public reaction to S-1982, I am having companion legislation drafted that will allow anyone who passes a background check, similar to that for superior court judges, to likewise bypass the overreaching court-imposed, un-American ‘justifiable need’ provision of our present law.

• Like 1

I've taken a wait and see about this until today, when the other shoe (the explanation) dropped.

All I can say is "I told you so" to the doubters that won't listen to reason.  To the fence-sitters, consider this:  any progress is better than ZERO progress.

CNJFO supports this and any legislation that puts a crack in the dike that is "Justifiable Need".  We posted support for the Bill on his Facebook page and left hot links to both of our web sites.

Let's get a conversation started, TOGETHER!  NOW is the time to join, to finish what we started a year ago:  getting our first billboard up to educate the public!

Learn more:  http://www.cnjfo.com    and   http://www.JustifiableNeed.com .

Thank you all,

David Rosenthal, VP

Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners

• Like 2

Just updated his facebook page:

In light of the public reaction to S-1982, I am having companion legislation drafted that will allow anyone who passes a background check, similar to that for superior court judges, to likewise bypass the overreaching court-imposed, un-American ‘justifiable need’ provision of our present law.

Here's the link.

http://www.senatenj.com/index.php/cardinale/cardinale-to-introduce-bill-allowing-access-to-carry-permits-for-lawful-citizens/26375

It's about time for this common sense gun law. It is long past time for NJ to stop violating the 2nd Amendment. Further, there should not be special rules for privileged politicians - nothing for them if the rest of us don't get the same. We have tried the left-wing anti-gun no concealed carry in NJ for years and it is a total and utter failure. All it does is prevents honest people from being able to protect themselves and does NOTHING to take guns out of the hands of criminals. Most crime victims are first time victims and don't have previous "justifiable" needs. You have insurance on your car and your home because you never Know. You don't have it because you expect an accident or a fire - but they happen. Imagine if you could not buy a smoke detector or fire extinguisher without first proving that you once has a small fire and were likely to have another in the future - Our current gun laws are just as stupid!

I've taken a wait and see about this until today, when the other shoe (the explanation) dropped.

All I can say is "I told you so" to the doubters that won't listen to reason. To the fence-sitters, consider this: any progress is better than ZERO progress.

CNJFO supports this and any legislation that puts a crack in the dike that is "Justifiable Need". We posted support for the Bill on his Facebook page and left hot links to both of our web sites.

Let's get a conversation started, TOGETHER! NOW is the time to join, to finish what we started a year ago: getting our first billboard up to educate the public!

Learn more: http://www.cnjfo.com and http://www.JustifiableNeed.com .

Thank you all,

David Rosenthal, VP

Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners

This is why I joined CNJFO

If you want change, you need to think.

HEY CAN I HAVE DAT M1 CARBINE THAT'S NOT MARKED M1 CARBINE?? I remember BA taking deposits for those, I wonder if anyone got their money back from them

That was the first thing I thought when I started reading this thread. We are our own worst enemies and never know when to shut the hell up. I'm sure Nappen saw that article and was foaming at the mouth.

Ok, I called his office and I believe I spoke to Elise.  Same as you.  She was very nice and didn't rush me off the call.  His game plan is in fact to back door this into "shall issue".  His intention is not, as I suggested, to create a new class of CCW worthy politicians.  In my own defense... my lack of trust for NJ politicians immediately leads me to believe they are not working for us, but for themselves.    I don't think he's working for himself.

He should let cops carry. That would double our chances.

NJ.com article:

"N.J. lawmaker: Lawful citizens should be able to carry guns"  http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/03/nj_lawmaker_lawful_citizens_should_be_able_to_carr.html#incart_most-read_politics_article

------

285 comments.  This effort will get squashed.  I hate this state.

I really do wish some the Children would stop pissing in their own corn flakes with "If I can't have my Toy, then you can't have yours" type of shit!  I can't get my own work done today because so many are so naive, and as not-yet-members-of-CNJFO they don't have the tools to make solid decisions and be patient until all of the facts are in.

So to them I say, JOIN:  http://www.cnjfo.com 

I was one of them 'children' my friend. But it was in a subtle way. It was before he added that little ditty about the citizens too. I only believe he added that as a result of some of the backlash. When he added it, I also said thank you too.

I don't believe only a few should voice or hold back. I do believe if he is smart, sincere and honest enough, he can read between the lines and grasp our issue. Wasn't meant to knock him in any way.

My old friend, we've been around long enough to know how things got to where they are. But when you have a full house of anti dems with a bully at that top of the line, we will always be suspicious.

I applaud what he is doing and wish all the luck to him and your group.

Soon as a get a few more bux, I'll send them down your way. :)

I really do wish some the Children would stop pissing in their own corn flakes with "If I can't have my Toy, then you can't have yours" type of shit! I can't get my own work done today because so many are so naive, and as not-yet-members-of-CNJFO they don't have the tools to make solid decisions and be patient until all of the facts are in.

So to them I say, JOIN: http://www.cnjfo.com

• Like 1

I was one of them 'children' my friend. But it was in a subtle way. It was before he added that little ditty about the citizens too. I only believe he added that as a result of some of the backlash. When he added it, I also said thank you too.

I don't believe only a few should voice or hold back. I do believe if he is smart, sincere and honest enough, he can read between the lines and grasp our issue. Wasn't meant to knock him in any way.

My old friend, we've been around long enough to know how things got to where they are. But when you have a full house of anti dems with a bully at that top of the line, we will always be suspicious.

I applaud what he is doing and wish all the luck to him and your group.

Soon as a get a few more bux, I'll send them down your way. :)

Thanks man, coming from you it means a LOT!

I too think that we need to voice our opinions and turn-up the volume so Trenton understands it's no longer convenient to withhold our rights (we will make a stink that won't merely "go-away").  Regardless of the reason behind the second shoe dropping (the companion Bill w/ all eligible citizens being able to carry) I'm sure glad it did.  It makes our job just a little easier.  Of course if the two Bills were released on the same day (together) not as much Press would have been given them.  So this Old Boy Senator KNOWS how to play the fiddle, whip-up a FRENZY on both sides and get EVERYBODY talking about CCW instead of Bunny Rabbits and Candy.  Anybody that studies 2A friendly NJ legislators KNOWS Cardinale's track record of introducing 2A Bills that never make it out of committee.  This isn't his first Rodeo and we have nothing to fear from him.  This all boils-down to "politics" being played like an "organized train wreck", as the media has to pay attention to it, lol.  So THIS is his NEW approach, much like an elephant turd in the middle of main street, the Dems have to acknowledge it's THERE because if they pretend it isn't, IT REALLY STARTS TO STINK when the sunlight of day beats upon it....

Can't wait for you to join us and thanks again for your support!

Dave

• Like 1

I really do wish some the Children would stop pissing in their own corn flakes with "If I can't have my Toy, then you can't have yours" type of shit!  I can't get my own work done today because so many are so naive, and as not-yet-members-of-CNJFO they don't have the tools to make solid decisions and be patient until all of the facts are in.

So to them I say, JOIN:  http://www.cnjfo.com 

eh i see their point though. why should retired police or politicians or military or whoever get to carry when i cannot? i have just as much of a right as they do, and it's this classification of the citizenry that is destroying the country. if one is justified in having it, then all are justified in having it. i chalk all of this bitterness up to the terrible, terrible state of gun laws in nj