n4p226r

NJ R Legislator thinks he and judges are better than us

Last I checked, this is still a may issue state, let them go through the process like everyone else. If that's a problem for them, well, they are the ones who can change the process. Let them change it.

They wont go through any process. Never have, never will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is my first thought, if it should pass then its game on. i mean how could they not allow it for everyone then?

its would be a shit-storm of negative press i would think no?

More people on the books with permits the better. This judge gonna give one of us the cold shoulder at a range? Shake a hand, represent responsible gun owners and our community if the opportunity presents it self!

This does upset me, the elite whatever bs. But we gotta capitalize and support any opportunity that isn't someone not getting a conceal carry. Just like we need to get behind everyone wrongfully detained over outa state conceal carry issues.

• Like 1

I don't think this gets a foot into any door we want to pass through. Tolerating the elevation of the political class above everyone else violates the principles this country was founded on. Thats not a trivial thing.

Find another way.

• Like 2

If you live in that Bergen County and Passsic district and you are reading this and you DO NOT CALL THIS GUY and ask him to clarify if he really thinks his type should be exempt while everybody is not you are a disgrace. I'm serious. I'm gonna start looking at towns on your Avatar and ask you "so what did Cardinale say when you spoke to him about exemptions to justifiable need?"

We always talk on here about taking action with politicians. Here is your chance.

If you are a member of this board and you don't confront him on this you are scum. I'm sorry I'm being so harsh here. But if he is your legislature you cannot just let him get away with this without more info. It really sounds from his quotes he wants privilege.

I expect to start seeing his answers below.

I don't think this gets a foot into any door we want to pass through. Tolerating the elevation of the political class above everyone else violates the principles this country was founded on. Thats not a trivial thing.

Find another way.

Maybe, and I would certainly agree if this issue ran nationwide but we are seeing states having 2a wins. We also have seen a significant uptake in pistol permits over recent years, and possibly a larger voting base for the future elections of this state for the 2a. So as long as nj12 reporters keep having fun at the range, bills passing giving more people the right to carry, I think progress is being made.. i certainly understand the harsh reality to what your implying tho.

EQUAL PROTECTION CLAUSE

Portion of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution that prohibits discrimination by state government institutions. The clause grants all people "equal protection of the laws," which means that the states must apply the law equally and cannot give preference to one person or class of persons over another.

EQUAL PROTECTION CLAUSE

Portion of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution that prohibits discrimination by state government institutions. The clause grants all people "equal protection of the laws," which means that the states must apply the law equally and cannot give preference to one person or class of persons over another.

W2... Hi. hope all is well.

On EP... That's a constitutional issue that applies across all states. Yet..... MIPA can open or conceal carry....and we can not. This class distinction elevating politicians above other citizens will not change that. I believe the damage it will do in a state like this is far more likely than force an application of EP. I agree it should... But it won't in my humble opinion.

If you live in that Bergen County and Passsic district and you are reading this and you DO NOT CALL THIS GUY and ask him to clarify if he really thinks his type should be exempt while everybody is not you are a disgrace. I'm serious. I'm gonna start looking at towns on your Avatar and ask you "so what did Cardinale say when you spoke to him about exemptions to justifiable need?"

We always talk on here about taking action with politicians. Here is your chance.

If you are a member of this board and you don't confront him on this you are scum. I'm sorry I'm being so harsh here. But if he is your legislature you cannot just let him get away with this without more info. It really sounds from his quotes he wants privilege.

I expect to start seeing his answers below.

You don't have to be in his district

(201) 567-2324

Englewood, NJ

EQUAL PROTECTION CLAUSE

LEOSA. Enough said?

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

They seem to ignore that silly document at will.

Here is his rebuttal to our negative comments on his FB page. He does have a point

Gerald Cardinale My current introduction of a very modest modification of the case law definition of “Justifiable Need” has already revealed the anti-gun lobby as opposing the basic human right of self-defense. There is no realistic probability that Judges or legislators will misuse guns but Miller and other anti-gun activists opposition to my proposal is quite revealing.

On the other hand, many pro self-defense supporters are upset that my proposal is so narrow. They understandably want equal treatment.

For many years I have proposed “shall issue” reform carry legislation applicable to all. But my legislative colleagues have rejected considering carry legislation reforms that have promoted self-defense and simultaneously reduced gun crime in Florida, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and some 30 other states.

S1982 at least has reopened the debate. I respectfully request the opposition from both sides re-read the entire bill, not just the headlines.

Consider carefully, if King George had thought to successfully impose gun control on the 13 colonies, 1776 would be just another uneventful date in history. America owes its freedom to citizen gun ownership.

Like · Reply · 2 · 14 mins

Ok... Generally...I like his response.  Except for his logic about Judges or legislators mis-using guns.  They are no more immune or susceptible to criminal activity than any other citizen in good standing. Again, he elevates that group of people above others, thereby validating the leftist mantra that law abiding citizens with firearms are a risk and not a benefit.

When will republicans stop trying to find solutions to problems democrats propose.  These problems do not exist.

They need to make their argument based on reality. Not democratic fantasy.  Stop trying to be better democrats than they are....

Ok... Generally...I like his response. Except for his logic about Judges or legislators mis-using guns. They are no more immune or susceptible to criminal activity than any other citizen in good standing. Again, he elevates that group of people above others, thereby validating the leftist mantra that law abiding citizens with firearms are a risk and not a benefit.

When will republicans stop trying to find solutions to problems democrats propose. These problems do not exist.

They need to make their argument based on reality. Not democratic fantasy. Stop trying to be better democrats than they are....

This is the "death by 1,000 cuts" philosophy turned back around on the gun control advocates. The strategy makes perfect sense to me. Seems a rather pragmatic approach toward getting momentum in such a liberal state.

Sorry Senetor, justify it how you want but its still propping up the elitst class. And just a historical footnote on the King George remark- the Crown did try to take away our arms, once when they raided the armory in Williamsburg only to have the gov flee for his life and never return and that other instance in Concord......

Well, this bill can be used to prove that the stats some use saying 95% of ccw permits are approved.

THIS

Look, we approved 50% more permits than last year.

Personally, I'd prefer to let the judges and legislators do what they told Almeida to do, change jobs or hire a security firm.

• Like 1

I might be looking at this from a different angle. Doesn't the need for such a bill pretty much prove that CCW does not exist in PRNJ? And can't it be used to strengten our argument against the state in a possible future suit?

I agree with this. I think we should support this bill. It will only lead to further lawsuits. But I am not a lawyer, legislator, or judge, so if I'm totally wrong I'm more than willing to listen to why this won't lead to more lawsuits over the topic of ccw.

• Like 1

It can be used to prove an argument. "if CCW permits are being approved so often then why do judges need their own special considerations, why can't they apply like everyone else? The state says 95% of all applications get approved, so why can't the judges just apply?" I would love to see someone say that in court

• Like 1

I agree with this. I think we should support this bill. It will only lead to further lawsuits. But I am not a lawyer, legislator, or judge, so if I'm totally wrong I'm more than willing to listen to why this won't lead to more lawsuits over the topic of ccw.

This. I think you're right on track. Can't look a gift horse in the mouth...
  • Like 1

First off, all Judges can carry if they want to.

Second, no one, unless you are before a Superior Court Judge would know one walking right next to you on the street.

Third, how many Judges and politicians have ever been assassinated in PRNJ?

It is a mighty big stretch to think if this bill goes through a law suit will be filed and argued under the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment. It would take years to go through the lower courts and a big "IF", that the Supreme Court would hear it.

Sweeney and Prieto will never go for this bill.

Proposing this bill can only strengthen the position of NJ gun owners. Of course we all want equal treatment and the restoration of the 2nd Amendment in NJ, but that's obviously not going to happen with one bill. His explanation for his motivations seems pretty valid.

• Like 1

Another issue for all NJ politicians and judges with very few exceptions is question 28.

(28) Are you presently, or have you ever been a member of any organization which advocates or approves the commission of acts of force and violence, either
to overthrow the Government of the United States or of this State, or which seeks to deny others their rights under the Constitution of either the United States or
the State of New Jersey? If yes, list name and address of organization(s).

The way I interpret that question is that being a registered democrat or republican legislator with a anti 2A voting record  you would have to answer yes to that question, there's no way around it especially with a documented voting record.  Now having to answer yes might not necessarily be a reason to deny a permit it does put the dilemma of how the politician or judge will be treated especially if one answers No,  I feel that if a elected legislator who has a documented voting record of anti 2A answers No they are guilty of falsifying the application and than must be denied due to that reason. 

• Like 1

on the bright side of this propsal is if it goes nowhere perhaps it will lead to the exposure, or at least insinuations,of some of those who already have ccw's. "So how is it you got yours?" "What was the critical threat that allowed you to obtain one?" "What makes your life more important?" Who signed off on yours? etc....

• Like 1