MLArmory

Extreme FID wait time need advice and assistance

Have you gotten any permits lately?  Sergeant Hollar is great to deal with and goes out of his way to be helpful.  Last year he contacted my references the day I dropped off my application.  I had my permits in about 5 weeks, this year it took 6 weeks. 

My last batch of permits was through Hollar. You're right, he's on the ball and definitely one of the good guys.

THIS. They deflect, deflect, deflect. No one will give you a straight answer as to where your permits. Local barracks will point at Trenton, Trenton will just happen to have no idea what you're talking about! Fine police work.....Hope none of you have to actually use them for a serious issue, because they probably couldn't even pick the right person in a game of Guess Who.

"Does your person have facial hair?"

"Are they wearing glasses?"

"Are they wearing a hat?"

Did you ever send those letters?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I haven't yet because my lawyer advised me not to.  Believe it or not my lawyer said that case law has upheld someone being denied a permit for pestering the department too much over them, I shit you not.  The police chief said he was "too eager" to get his firearms.  If I don't hear anything, I plan on sending the letters I have prewritten to the Attorney General within the next two weeks.  I have already contacted our R representatives.

Too eager to exercise his Constitutionally protected rights?

I will pay someone $25 cash if they have the ability to dig up a "case" that has "pestering too eager" in it. Who has access to those lookup databases?

I'm smelling BS from an attorney. Prolly just to get more time or money out of you.

OP don't get offended I said that. You don't need to defend him/. It's so outlandish I won't believe anything until I see that case summary.

I have no doubt that if you pester the wrong guy it could mess you up. But you clearly said "a case law was upheld because of pestering". Like that was literally in the transcript? C'mon man...

If you want to take back he actually said "pestering" came up in in a court case (and again how many delays actually go to a trial) then here is your chance. If you want yo say "multiple people have told me pestering will work against me " then fair enough.

But if you TRUST the community of this board you will overwhelmingly get success after success story of the guys who dont let up get their permits done.

I'm just trying to give you the experience here versus the "pestering" advice.

(Again brother, not picking on you I'm trying to help.. Was just blown away by that attorney guidance reason). I sympathize tremendously for you... Wish I could buy you a beer.

Edit: I'll tell you what. Get that pestering case number and PM it to me and I will send the $25 to your attorney to help out. I'm dying to know this case.

Haha! You could definitely be right, but I'm just saying multiple different attorney's told me about this case.  After the horror stories I've read far and wide, nothing makes me doubt the ludicrous nature of this state or the circumstances surrounding them.

And the reason it was upheld that they used was that the individual was "too eager to get a weapon" from the amount he called the police inquiring over his permits.

Ask them if that decision was pre or post heller. Also ask them how shitty the attorney was if "too eager" was longer than the 30 days the assembly, senate, and a governor found to be, by definition, not too eager. 

• Like 1

Ok here's a question for ya's.
If NJ law says 30 days why hasn't a group gotten together to fight this. Only a few dollars from all the gun owners would probably be enough? Would the legislators just rewrite the law, possibly but at least with the 8 years you had this pro gun governor Christie he would surely have vetoed any change of it becoming law.

I also went to a lawyer in TR way back in the early 90's and he is the one who said they would just change the law not waste my money, it wasn't my idea. He is now a liberal superior court judge.

Ok here's a question for ya's.

If NJ law says 30 days why hasn't a group gotten together to fight this. Only a few dollars from all the gun owners would probably be enough? Would the legislators just rewrite the law, possibly but at least with the 8 years you had this pro gun governor Christie he would surely have vetoed any change of it becoming law.

I also went to a lawyer in TR way back in the early 90's and he is the one who said they would just change the law not waste my money, it wasn't my idea. He is now a liberal superior court judge.

''

Hasn't Christie been the governor the last 6+ years? So what pro-fun governor do you speak of?

After 4 1/2 months and an email to the Governor, I received an email from a detective at the Firearms unit in Trenton yesterday morning. He said that he looked into my concern and that he approved my change of address a short while ago. He told me that I should be hearing from the Red Lion state police barracks soon. When I got home from work there was a message on my answering machine saying that the FID and P2P's were ready for pickup. The P2P's were dated 4/13/2016. Did the email to the Governor do anything?  Who Knows. Good luck to everyone else who is waiting. I will put in for 3 more P2P's in a week or two so that they will be ready when I am.

• Like 2

Ok, I spoke with the Detective assigned by Lt. Ross to investigate my complaint. I was told they have approved me and will send out my FID and PP today. The awesome thing is they are overnighting it to the local barrack. So, if all works out, I will be getting my FID and permits tomorrow in the AM. Writing the Gov's office was the best thing; as it got things rolling for me. 

• Like 2

FYI: I now have my FID and Permits. Going after work and picking up a Beretta 92-A1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe, you know you have to wait 30 days between pistol purchases right? 

You can go pay for it and have them put it on hold but you can't do the NICS yet. 

Joe, you know you have to wait 30 days between pistol purchases right? 

You can go pay for it and have them put it on hold but you can't do the NICS yet. 

Yes, I am aware of that ridiculous law. I do appreciate the concern. Thank you :)

Yes, I am aware of that ridiculous law. I do appreciate the concern. Thank you :)

You did it the right way. Identify and acquire all you have permits for. Any decent FFL will hold them for you to pick up every 30 days. Without the law there would probably be less handgun purchases so it is really a waste if less handguns was the legislative intent. Typical Libetard thinking and planning.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This is why I laugh when I read about LEOs being pro-2A. You think the cops in other states are cut from a different cloth? Come from different backgrounds or receive different education? Unlikely.

If you give them a survey perhaps they'll answer "correctly." I personally do not believe it.

It takes under 30 days in Newton to get a P2P. I'm lucky in that regard. From the sob stories I read on here it seems how our PD handles applications is rare in this state.

This is why I laugh when I read about LEOs being pro-2A. You think the cops in other states are cut from a different cloth? Come from different backgrounds or receive different education? Unlikely.

If you give them a survey perhaps they'll answer "correctly." I personally do not believe it.

It takes under 30 days in Newton to get a P2P. I'm lucky in that regard. From the sob stories I read on here it seems how our PD handles applications is rare in this state.

I'm trying to recall any LEO that I know that wasn't pro 2A.   ...can't...

college room mate.. NJSP.. pro 2a

HS friend.. S.River PD  ...pro 2a

father in law.  former CLEO  ... pro 2a

former employer and son + their fam. friend. 3 in all  NYPD... Old Bridge... Hopatcong.. all pro 2 a

father of high school friend.... Lt.  pro 2a

current friend ..NYPD detective of 11 yrs... pro 2a

son of a friend ..NYPD highway... pro 2a

friend of my brother ... FBI... pro 2a

other people I know reasonably to fairly well who are in law enforcement... quick count... 6... all pro 2a

I'm sure there are LEO's that are anti when it comes to the public's possession of firearms.  There has to be given how some slow walk permits and we've seen a number of them in the news talking about the need for more gun laws every so often.

If I only based my assessment on LEO's I've seen at a range, I might agree that it could be biased.  Anti's might not spend much time at public ranges, or in shooting competitions.  But these are just people I know, either directly or through someone.  The fact that none are anti 2A tells me that there are a lot of pro 2A LEOs.  Maybe a majority... maybe not.  Someone who's actually in law enforcement might have a better feel for that.  But I don't see a predominantly anti LEO population in my personal experience.

That said.. I'm still being very careful about what I do if I get pulled over to or from the range.  Being pro 2A probably doesn't mean they won't do what they understand is their job. Give or take some discretion.