Luckydad

Fid denied for misinformation

I applied for a FID about a year ago. I never heard back from them and one of my references disappeared (cant get in touch). So today I decided to go again and reapply. I was told I was denied my first application and that I should have gotten a letter. I never recieved anything. The Det. asked if I would still like to reapply and that I would probably br denied again. Now the false information part was being observed for mental whatever. My wife and I had a fight and I stormed out of the house. She called the cops and they sent me to bergen regional for a few hours and i was sent home. I was not diagnosed as anything. they just let me go. so that happened shortly before my initial application. I had already filled out mt st033 before the incident and i just handed it in as is. I explained all this to the Det. and he said I will still be denied again. I mean wtf. I have no record, i dont even have a parking ticket. My question is what do I do now? and if i need a lawyer later any recommendations and any idea of how much? I need to start saving. Any help or insight to this would be greatly appreciated. I have nowhere to go. and yes i will be joining anjrpc. also i am nra member but i dun know where to go for help there nj specific. Again thanks!

An easier route would be to just drive out of state to buy your long guns and ammo.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

lol. i would like to keep my record clean. i did go to a gun show in pa that was practically giving away grenade launchers.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

lol. i would like to keep my record clean. i did go to a gun show in pa that was practically giving away grenade launchers.

Perfectly legal.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

are you sure? im looking online everywhere and its kinda gray area to a big fat no. take me with you next time. ill pay the gas!

Before you doubt the guy (PK90) do a little search of this site and see who you're talking to..LOL

• Like 2

Before you doubt the guy (PK90) do a little search of this site and see who you're talking to..LOL

i did look at the site and other forums. it says you can purchase with drivers license but illegal to "cross the river" with it unless you have a nj fid.

I had to show my ID and fill out a COE in Maine Cabelas.

They screwed up. Long gun purchase in another state requires an FFL of course, so good there. But the FFL is required to follow the laws of your state. I've heard of FFLs not knowing about COE (also a screw up) but they do know you need a Jersey FID.

Contact Evan Nappen. HE IS THE BEST!

FREE CONSULTATION AVAILABLE

Call (732) 389-8888

21 Throckmorton Ave.

Eatontown, NJ  07724

Fax (732) 389-8744

Email: evan at evannappen dot com

Whats gonna happen when hes no longer available? "Call Nappen" always seems to be the "go to" answer, and a very good one...but he could be no longer available tomorrow for whatever reason...then what? 

You need to get a copy of the police report

You need to get a copy of the hospital record from Bergen Regional

You need to get a copy of the original denial letter

You need to know what the facts are from the other side in addition to your version

If you flat out lied or non disclosed in reference to the incident you referenced this is not something that you can resolve on your own

There are certain time periods  for taking action subsequent to a denial and you need to be cognizant of that

• Like 1

Whats gonna happen when hes no longer available? "Call Nappen" always seems to be the "go to" answer, and a very good one...but he could be no longer available tomorrow for whatever reason...then what?

There are others. You don't always need Johnny Cochran, Matlock, etc. Sometimes less flash produces equal results for less gr$$n.

If this happened to you in Pennsylvania you would never be allowed to touch a firearm anywhere in the US for the rest of your life. There is no relief for a temporary involuntary evaluation/commitment in PA, even if it's only one hour. And there is no route of appeal whatsoever. Ever. And that will apply federally until you die. Even if you keep voting after that. If a cop or EMS in PA is taking you for a mental evaluation, volunteer to do it. BEG to volunteer to do it.

Have EVAN on one case and Bob Rosenberg in toms river on another , Nappen is the man but Bob R. is also good and on the NRA list I believe. be safe.

Once you join ANJRPC, you will get their newsletter.  There are dozens of lawyers advertising in it, as well as gun stores, ranges and people who own all kinds of businesses that are friendly to NJ gun owners and offer discounts, etc.

Even just go to the website and see what you can see.

One of the main boxes across the top is operation "Permit Strikeforce".  It's an organized attempt to get towns to comply with NJ law vs. making up their own crap reasons for denying you.