siderman

what would you do?

I'm either a stand up guy or a sucker...twice in the past week I had to correct a few wrongs by others. First was a Cabelas ammo shipment that was supposedly delivered but no where to be found. looked all over, even the neighbors on each side of me. Not here. I call UPS blah blah and was told to call Cabelas. Well they very graciously cancelled the charge for the order because they were now oos or wouldve replaced it. I was happy but very concerned about a missing case of ammo and , yes, was going to visit the copshop later that eve after dinner. Just before I left the neighbor 2 houses over brings over the ammo! Which is now free to me because i got the money back! What would you do? Now today I get 2 packages from Henry when I only ordered one thing. The other package had 2 AR-7 mags to some guy in WV but addressed to me. What would you do.?   Well I said fuk cabelas and didnt tell them and am going to sell the AR-7 mags here.  

j/k, I made good on all. Would you?

Being the honest guy I'd call Cabellas and tell them I got it.  It was misdelivered and your neighbor brought it over.

UPS will follow up on Cabellas claim, the driver will most likely remember dropping that heavy package at the wrong house and contact your neighbors who will tell them he gave them to you.  Heck, now a days those scanning devices they use probably have GPS in them which will show where it was delivered.

• Like 1

Honesty is the best policy.  Period.  I just just had a gold/diamond laden watch delivered to my house from Amazon.  Upon opening it,  it appeared to be a 30 year gift to the lady down the street whom I do not know.  It had my address on it.  I called Amazon and they had me send it back to them and made sure she got it.  I feel good.

One time, a shipment of Daniel Defense BCGs showed up.  I counted them out and couldn't figure out why there were here.  Then I looked over open POs and saw one for DD receiver extensions in the same quantity.  Turns out they were packaged identically and whoever picked the order picked the wrong cardboard tubes.  I notified the distributor of their error and paid the difference.  My integrity isn't for sale.

Send me a pre-paid FedEx box to send them back or I am throwing them in the trash. I'm certainly not going to UPS to fix your problem.

And I can't believe you were going to go to the cops. If you go to the cops you get the cops. Don't complain when that's what you get.

• Like 1

One time, a shipment of Daniel Defense BCGs showed up.  I counted them out and couldn't figure out why there were here.  Then I looked over open POs and saw one for DD receiver extensions in the same quantity.  Turns out they were packaged identically and whoever picked the order picked the wrong cardboard tubes.  I notified the distributor of their error and paid the difference.  My integrity isn't for sale.

Exactly.  My word is worth a whole lot more than a box of ammo.

I would contact Cabelas after they did the right thing.  Dick's, maybe not...;-)

I have not been impressed with UPS.  They delivered a package to my house about a month ago--I was out of town, but I got a picture of the delivery guy.  Since I was not expecting anything, I had someone check it.  It was for my address, but different person.  I think they got the street name wrong.  I contact UPS and the merchant, turns out the merchant got the address wrong.  UPS says to leave it on the porch and they will pick it up.  Two weeks later (I am still in Yuma) I get a message from UPS wondering about the package.  Where is it, etc.  I thought about not returning the call, and throw the package to the curb when I got home, but I felt bad for the customer waiting for his diesel fuel filter so I called UPS back and told them it was still on the porch, waiting for pickup as we had agreed.  They picked it up the next day.

The delivery issue was the fault of the merchant (not UPS) as they had the wrong address.  But once they got that straight, and UPS made arrangements to pick it up, UPS should have been out there immediately.

Send me a pre-paid FedEx box to send them back or I am throwing them in the trash. I'm certainly not going to UPS to fix your problem.

And I can't believe you were going to go to the cops. If you go to the cops you get the cops. Don't complain when that's what you get.

yea I told Henry to send me a prepaid/addressed package for the guy in WV.  And whats wrong with the cops? they're good at writing reports right? I was just concerned there may have been a rash of other packages missing at the time, got nothing to worry about from them, know some, small town.

yea I told Henry to send me a prepaid/addressed package for the guy in WV.  And whats wrong with the cops? they're good at writing reports right? I was just concerned there may have been a rash of other packages missing at the time, got nothing to worry about from them, know some, small town.

What are they going to do about it? Try to get in your shit. Nothing more.

I'd call Cabelas and tell them the package showed up.

Had a similar thing happen to me with brake parts from Amazon a couple of years ago.  When I told Amazon the package could not be found, they shipped me the whole order again. Got it a couple days later after either my lazy neighbor or UPS figured out it was ours.

Anyway.. I called Amazon and told them.  They told me they already wrote it off and I could keep it.  Not worth shipping back to them.  So I ended up with an extra set of pads and rotors.

I had a scumbag on this site screw me out of a shipping fee. Karma, What goes around! He is a regular also. So for $7.00 this scumbag made a lifelong enemy! Just the principal, Fuck the money. But a true lying sack of shit! PM me for the member!

Last week, Amazon sent me a Bluetooth headphone instead of the brake line fittings I ordered. The label was right the product was from a different vendor so the warehouse lemur put the wrong label on my box. Anyway turns out I ordered the wrong fittings. My truck has a mix of metric and standard brake fittings so the one pack was wrong.

Anyway, they have to make right with the guy who wanted the head phones, and I would probably send back the $12 pack of fittings anyway. The headphones were a $16 item. Rather than generating a bunch of labor and shipping on their dime, they keep my $12 and I keep the headphones.

I'm doing them a favor. I bought the fittings at a part store so I don't Need the right ones now anyway. We can use the headphones, shrug.

If the dollars were a lot more, say $40 or greater, I would get it all square with amazon

That stuff was what, a couple hundred bucks?  How much is your integrity worth?

My bet is when you called both companies they thanked you, told you to keep the mags and charged for the ammo - as it should be.

I'm in business myself.  I would call them up and explain what happen. I love when I deal with honest people.  At Dairy Queen I get people at the Drive Thru who forget there money.  I give them there stuff and tell the to bring it back.  9 times out of 10 they do. 

I would contact Cabelas after they did the right thing. Dick's, maybe not...;-)

I have not been impressed with UPS. They delivered a package to my house about a month ago--I was out of town, but I got a picture of the delivery guy. Since I was not expecting anything, I had someone check it. It was for my address, but different person. I think they got the street name wrong. I contact UPS and the merchant, turns out the merchant got the address wrong. UPS says to leave it on the porch and they will pick it up. Two weeks later (I am still in Yuma) I get a message from UPS wondering about the package. Where is it, etc. I thought about not returning the call, and throw the package to the curb when I got home, but I felt bad for the customer waiting for his diesel fuel filter so I called UPS back and told them it was still on the porch, waiting for pickup as we had agreed. They picked it up the next day.

The delivery issue was the fault of the merchant (not UPS) as they had the wrong address. But once they got that straight, and UPS made arrangements to pick it up, UPS should have been out there immediately.

Not necessarily. The merchant made the mistake, why should UPS pick the package up on their own dime? If the merchant paid UPS to pick it up that's a different story, but if they didn't pay then UPS will pick it up next time there in the area.

Not necessarily. The merchant made the mistake, why should UPS pick the package up on their own dime? If the merchant paid UPS to pick it up that's a different story, but if they didn't pay then UPS will pick it up next time there in the area.

Typically in situations like this, the vendor will pay UPS to perform a pick up.