SIGMan Freud

Hi from Cherry Hill

Hey all,

Longtime gun owner, transplanted from PA many years ago. Used to shoot at Crossroads in Pennsauken (tells you how long it's been). Looking for recommendations for gun shops and ranges in the South Jersey area. Mostly shooting handguns, though I might pick up a long gun before it's too late to.

welcome ..my favorite small shop in jersey is freedom ammo in mantua, owner is a retired police chief and great guy selection is pretty decent but being small and relatively new doesn't have the inventory of a place like cabelas..but much better service and conversation, what he doesn't have he can usually get in a couple days,...

as far as shop range combos...not sure in your immediate area but a little further south (20-30 mins or so) you have a few indoor range options hagues indoor range in West Deptfotd, bobs little sport shop in Glassboro, bangers sport shop in Hammonton, further south you have shooters sporting center in Little Egg Harbor Twp , over in pa you have target master in chadsford, theres a few outdoor ranges but they're mostly club type deals, 

try bobs little sport shop in glassboro. they're pretty dam friendly there, 25yd indoor range, and they were VERY helpful to me in getting my mother over her unbased fear/hatred of guns. his prices stayed low during the panic after sh, and regardless of how busy they are, the guys there always take their time with any questions, and are always polite.

Welcome. Depending on where in cherry hill you are there are a few shops but kinda slim. Centaur arms in lumberton, Rayco in merchantville. Bobs I. Glassboro. For ranges: Bobs has an indoor range. Delran Junior Marksman, South Jersey shooting club in Winslow, Range14 at Ft Dix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forums!  I used to shoot at Crossroads as well. Hagues in West Deptford does not require membership to shoot but they are priced

very high. Bob's in Glassboro is cheaper but for many reasons I refuse to give him any more business! If you support CCW in NJ, you would feel the same way.

Delran is probably your closest, cheapest best bet.

Thanks for the welcomes. Yeah, I don't mind a ride and would like to support the local gun shops or FFLs. 

I moved several years ago (within the same town where my FOID was first issued), so I had to complete a change of address application. Noticed the ST-033 form has been updated -- Yay, you can apply for a "Change of sex" application too...[sigh]. NJ Legislators must have exhausted themselves holding hearings on that one. :icon_rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum, I'm a few miles south of you in Gloucester County.

Don't sign anything until you check out South Jersey Shooting Club in Monroe Township (Google).

Outdoor range, best all around for outdoor, rifle, and pistol - shotgun not so good.

Banger's Sports shop is on site, and should be able to meet most of your needs.

They run some good training classes, IDPA, 3-Gun, plate shoots, out of there too.

Welcome!

I also used to shoot at Crossroads (~'84-86) after shooting at Master Shooters (Rt 541 south of Medford) for a few years (until shots started coming back at the line.)

Do NOT patronize Hagues (used to be Eagle Eye, a really nice indoor range, when it was owned by the Zinns) unless you are a wealthy masochist with very little self respect.

I am a member of South Jersey Shooting Club in Winslow and HIGHLY recommend it as the best all-around range in south Jersey.

No sponsorship is necessary, just an NRA membership and a FPID card (proof you're not a bad guy)