Rob0115

Why move to Florida?

I'm in Jacksonville and heard on the radio the other day that a hurricane hasn't hit JAX since the late 1800s.

Also, the Summers here are no worse than NJ, in fact, the humidity some days in central jersey was worse some days than here. We do get a change of seasons here. Gets into the 40s in Jan and Feb and even 30s some days or nights.

I've seen the occasional roach, but usually dead.

You don'[t have to mow the lawn every week in the winter.

I'll take this any day over NJ.

My co-conspirator. BTW was at gun gallery. They do a two gun match and invited me. You should check it out. Really nice guys.

NJ is a shit hole I love FL. going to Cape Coral tomorrow for a week of fishing. I lived there 20 years ago but had to move back to this dump. Im building a new house next year and moving down in 6 more years. Arizona has better gun laws thats for sure but Florida is pretty pro gun also. 

I can say my tenure in NJ is only for another 3 years.  I will not spend retirement here.  Fully intend to settle in Florida and open my gun shop.

If it's close by and you need a partner let me know.

• Like 1

The heat, insects and sprawling poverty in some areas are my issues with Florida. But we have our own issues here. Scurvington, Cam-done, Atlantic Sh**ty and so on.

It would have to Siesta Key Beach area or maybe Vero Beach.

Most areas between Orlando and Daytona have issues. Though I've been told Orange City is ok. Fellow "lapper" I know moved there a decade ago.

I think I'd prefer S.Carolina.

Very nice but So Carolina is more southern than Florida. The poverty rate is also higher.

My co-conspirator. BTW was at gun gallery. They do a two gun match and invited me. You should check it out. Really nice guys.

Nice. Went to the 850 yd range last week for a few hours.

Gotta go back to gun gallery and talk to their smith about removing the brake from my SPR and timing a new brake on it and my MWS so I can use my can on them.

Very nice but So Carolina is more southern than Florida. The poverty rate is also higher.

Inland for sure. Ie Florence area. Though there's a cool aviation/tech museum there.

Thinking more coastal. Though the storm risk is big.

Oh well... There's always Texas......

I like the Gulf coast. I was looking around Punta Gorda. I will take the heat and humidity over the cold and snow any day. I grew up in Montville and it is not the same as when i was a kid.

We sold our property and the homes that are there now pay over 30k in taxes. 1 acre lots. 3ok is a lot of ammo. NJ is black fkn hole . The cost of living is beyond imagination. You may make more money here but it is swallowed up by school taxes 60% of my property taxes are for education. I dont have any kids wtf.

If it's close by and you need a partner let me know.

Me too :)

I'm thinking the Panhandle area.  I've been reading up on the FFL process and costs associated with a LGS.  From what I understand, it's a better cost of living then the rest of Florida...although I'd love to be close to the Kalashnikov factory and possibly be a part of that.

Everybody from NJ goes to FL

We're going to ruin it.

We don't want everyone, just folks like those on this web site. I didn't post anything on www.liberaldouchebagsforum.com/forums. I sent them a nice article about life in sunny Southern California. I said you'll love it, the cost of living is high, there's a huge illegal immigration problem. It'll be just like home but now enjoy many days of warm sun shine instead of harsh winters.

I would move to Miami no sweat :)

There'll definitely be some sweat but it'll be worth it. I got stuck staring at your avatar for 5 mins or I'd have replied sooner.

NJ is a shit hole I love FL. going to Cape Coral tomorrow for a week of fishing. I lived there 20 years ago but had to move back to this dump. Im building a new house next year and moving down in 6 more years. Arizona has better gun laws thats for sure but Florida is pretty pro gun also. 

I bought my first water front lot up in the NW cape back in 2010 after the crash. I put the seawall in two years ago. Next is the house in a few years. I friend told me about Cape Coral.  He also bought a lot and was building to retire there so I took a plane ride down and starting looking.   I love the NW cape.  Very quiet.  I've since picked up 3 more lots as investments up in the NW cape. 

I'm in Jacksonville and heard on the radio the other day that a hurricane hasn't hit JAX since the late 1800s.

Also, the Summers here are no worse than NJ, in fact, the humidity some days in central jersey was worse some days than here. We do get a change of seasons here. Gets into the 40s in Jan and Feb and even 30s some days or nights.

I've seen the occasional roach, but usually dead.

You don'[t have to mow the lawn every week in the winter.

I'll take this any day over NJ.

Yep best move I ever made was to move down here!

I love the gulf coast side.  Been to Fort Myers/Cape Coral/Naples a few times.  

I'm actually thinking of FL but not until after the kid's through school... I mean down there, we would probably have to do private school... eh... Let's see what happens with the political climate in NJ...

...but not until after the kid's through school...

That is the trap, and how you spend your entire life within a 20 mile circle. I am here because my parents were here, they were here because their parents were here, and so on through the generations. Your first relatives here were the pioneers. For us, our life is stuck within that 20 mile bubble. It doesn't matter where you go, be the pioneer that is imbedded deep within your dna.

That is the trap, and how you spend your entire life within a 20 mile circle. I am here because my parents were here, they were here because their parents were here, and so on through the generations. Your first relatives here were the pioneers. For us, our life is stuck within that 20 mile bubble. It doesn't matter where you go, be the pioneer that is imbedded deep within your dna.

I've already moved away from family (Grew up in Vermont - parents are still up there).  For now I'm ok with sticking around the area - especially because I'll have some available babysitting and good schools.