ironbeard

Long ranges in nj?

Fort Dix Range 14.  200 yards

http://www.range-14.com/

The google map will take you to the paintball area.  A few hundred feet south is the rifle & pistol range.  They sell targets and a very few supplies in the "clubhouse"  No guns or ammo sold there.  Friendly people.  Very "attentive" range officers.

If you are willing to travel , Delaware has a 600 and a 1,000 yard range.

I shoot their 600 matches once a month and occasionally shoot 1,000 yard matches with them.

Once again this year, Cabela's is sponsoring The Mid Atlantic Long Range Championships in Bridgeville , Del in late June. It will be 2.5 days of 1,000 yard shooting.

From Somerset County it takes 4 hours to get there.

Fort Dix Range 14.  200 yards

http://www.range-14.com/

The google map will take you to the paintball area.  A few hundred feet south is the rifle & pistol range.  They sell targets and a very few supplies in the "clubhouse"  No guns or ammo sold there.  Friendly people.  Very "attentive" range officers.

That's one way to put it. :D

I shoot their 600 matches once a month and occasionally shoot 1,000 yard matches with them.

FYI ... Joined the Delaware Range - went to the safety class after staying at a motel over night - at the safety meeting, was told the 1000yd range was only used for matches (not available to members on non match days) - Thank You, cancelled my membership and got my money back.  Cumberland Riflemen 600yd range is it (am a member)

Cumberland does have A 600 yd range. plus A seperate 50 and 100. Along with dedicated pistol out to 50, Practical holster range.(qualified members and LEO recerts)  Plinking range and we are finishing A steel pistol range now.

Check the website www,cumberlandriflemen.com  we have A lot of shoots on the schedule that are open to non members also if your interested.

Cumberland.....not taking memberships at the moment.

That stays on our site now as we have been at near max membership for A few years. We do A intake each year in Sept. once dues are paid and we know how many memberships are available.   

We except applications but the $50.00 deposit is not required with app as it used to be.

That stays on our site now as we have been at near max membership for A few years. We do A intake each year in Sept. once dues are paid and we know how many memberships are available.   

We except applications but the $50.00 deposit is not required with app as it used to be.

Not to bump an old thread...

I threw in an application a few months ago during the summer.  I don't know any members, and I am a bit far north. (My brother in law used to be a member, but dropped it when he had kids)

Any clue if they are going to accept new members and how many?

We started our yearly intake tonight. If you put an app in and did not hear from the membershipship commitee that means you are in the group of 29 that  are now on the list for next year. As we received 29 more apps than max membership allows.