Sign in to follow this  
mlong5589

Do you need a handgun permit to by 22lr ammo?

I read on another website where someone was asking about 22lr ammo in nj and another user commented and said you cannot buy 22lr unless you have a handgun permit. Being that I dont have any firearm that fires 22lr, I was curious as to whether or not that is true.

thanks

mlong 

Or just cross over the border leaving New Germany enter any sporting goods or LGS and pick them off a shelf.  Or sometimes since they are a bit scarce just ask because they may be behind the counter due to rationing.

Jersey logs all ammo purchases that can be used in a handgun and requires a FID card.

Ok i should rephrase a little. Do you need to be 21 and older to purchase 22 ammo since it can technically be used as handgun ammo?

No.  You need an FID card which you can get at 18 yrs old.  21 yrs old for PTP a handgun.

Lately I buy all my ammo online. Most online retailers will want a copy of your FID card. Some will require that the address on the FID card match the shipping address and some (SGAmmo comes to mind), don't ask for anything.

Yea, after the AIM fiasco, I will not be using places that want that, unless I know they are not holding an image on their server.

Lately I buy all my ammo online. Most online retailers will want a copy of your FID card. Some will require that the address on the FID card match the shipping address and some (SGAmmo comes to mind), don't ask for anything.

Yea, after the AIM fiasco, I will not be using places that want that, unless I know they are not holding an image on their server.