fatty

Springfield TRP / Dan Wesson Valor

Looking to get back into 1911's in the coming months.

Anyone seen a Springfield TRP or a DW Valor/VBob at any shops lately?  I haven't seen a TRP in person in probably 2-3 years and have never held a DW 

Thanks in advance

I have a duty treat VBob -- Taking that 3/4" off the barrel and slide change the whole balance of the gun for the better -- the VBob is my 1st commander length gun

And it does shoot -- I took it out for the 1st time last week -- set the target at the back wall -- 25 yards -- shot about 150 rnds -- over 75% thru the black of a standard rapid fire pistol target -- 2 hands, unsupported

• Like 1

I have a duty treat VBob -- Taking that 3/4" off the barrel and slide change the whole balance of the gun for the better -- the VBob is my 1st commander length gun

And it does shoot -- I took it out for the 1st time last week -- set the target at the back wall -- 25 yards -- shot about 150 rnds -- over 75% thru the black of a standard rapid fire pistol target -- 2 hands, unsupported

Got any pics of that bad boy?? Man I would love to get a duty treat vbob but the extra cost is pretty hefty and almost into Les Baer territory

Got any pics of that bad boy?? Man I would love to get a duty treat vbob but the extra cost is pretty hefty and almost into Lee Baer territory

Picked it up second hand -- 300 rnds thru it for less than the stainless version at grab a gun

2014 build, .45acp duty treat

They are out there, you just have to watch some of the dedicated 1911 forums 

maybe a few pics later today...