Sign in to follow this  
BryanRT360

flag pole lights

I use something similar to this.

http://www.hubbelloutdoor.com/products/q_series_quartz_floods

Don't know the brand, I bought it at a commercial electric supply house. Has no trouble at all lighting the flag up.

The one I have does not have a built in photo sensor so I wired one into the junction box. Over 10 years old and I'm only on the second bulb.

As with much else, you get what you pay for.

If you go to Amazon search solar flag pole light. They are pretty cheap and don't require electric. I have one on mine and it works great. Looks like a halo at night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bryan

If your going to install 110v for this lighting or already have it available. Look at the RAB 18watt Bullet flood lights

about $60 each. I have used these in the past,plenty of light with low electric consumption. Mount them on ground torpedoes (19" low profile outdoor light fixture ground support) with a photo cell and your good to go. check the links below

https://www.rabweb.com/productLines.php?majorGroup=LED_BULLET_FLOOD_LIGHTS

http://www.aifittings.com/catalog/gard-n-post/

Does it last from dusk to dawn? I would think it depends on how much sun you get. What if you have consecutive cloudy days. What then?

Correct. They need a good day of sun. Even with partial cloud. If you can get electric, go with the spot light. I got a ground mount and used an led flood. I have the halo style and on the ground I have the flood but in green.

I use the flood for the Green Light a Vet movement. The green actually gives the flag enough on its own without the pole light.

Since those photos, I aimed the green light up at the flag more. Works great.

97af1150399066e9402cf4b8f03cb3db.jpg

24bdbe5ac2c5dac1ee2442ce21ccf398.jpg

New to me, buildings have spots on their roofs looking at flags all over. But feel free to link us up to the rule. :)

Never mind... Here ya go.

Is it proper to fly the U.S. flag at night?

The Flag Code states it is the universal custom to display the flag only from sunrise to sunset on buildings and on stationary flag staffs in the open. However, when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed 24 hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness. The American Legion interprets “ proper illumination” as a light specifically placed to illuminate the flag (preferred) or having a light source sufficient to illuminate the flag so it is recognizable as such by the casual observer.