Sign in to follow this  
George79

Threaded Barrel in NJ for Bolt Action?

I'm looking on doing a build and was wondering if a threaded barrel on a bolt action rifle is ok in NJ. I know for semi's it's dependent on a combination of things. Is there a link for a specific law I can read that somebody know of the top their head? Thanks

46e0350948a4fbc30a5ca6cec5855af5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you get a California Bullet Button or a NY Stock, can you go non-welded threads on an AR?

Bullet button works in CA because CA law applies to magazines that can be removed "without tools". That's not something that shows up in NJ law.   NJ law just says "detachable magazine".  So a bullet button doesn't help here - it's still detachable even if it requires a tool.

I'm not sure about a NY compliant stock.  NJ law says "A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon" is an evil feature.  I guess it depends on the stock.  I've seen lots of different types of pistols so I'm not even sure what a "pistol grip" is or what "conspicuously beneath" means  and what part is the "action".