scorched

Change of address question

So, i have a question. I recently changed moved, and filled out the dmv change of address online. As per the dmv website, change of address stickers are no longer given. Only a printout listing the new address. http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Licenses/ChangeAddress.htm

So, my question is this. I have to apply for a change of address for my fid. Will the pd accept the change of address from the dmv, even though my license has old address?

Secondary question. Say the pd gives me the new fid with the new address. Would a ffl sell/transfer me a firearm with my dl and fid non matching, even if i have dmv printout?

I know the easy solution is to get a new license with my updated address. And the $11 for a new license is not the end of the world. But, what was so bad about sending out change of address stickers? Just another ploy by nj to get money by requiring more $ to get a correct address license?

I am doing the same thing and NJSP told me I have to go get a new DL issued with correct address. I got 1 year left on mine to boot. Not sure how correct this is but this is what they told me when I went to drop off forms at the Barracks.

Makes sense. The old style stickers anyone could print and apply to the back. Make sure you do it quick, if you go too long after move even though it is technically just a change of address they will make you go through the whole thing like it is first issue.

Makes sense. The old style stickers anyone could print and apply to the back. Make sure you do it quick, if you go too long after move even though it is technically just a change of address they will make you go through the whole thing like it is first issue.

I procrastinated for two years and I did not have to get fingerprinted or anything elce, just fill out the typical forms and references