Howard

Amazing, how to open a padlock with a soda can

Bolt cutters are NOT Jersey legal :)

Definitely cool!

Not sure if you are serious or not, in my defense NJ has some really screwed up laws.

They are legal, but you can not approach a lock with bolt cutters unless you first retreat into your residence or vehicle and the lock follows you in.  Then and only then, are you legally allowed to cut the bolt open.

• Like 1

Definitely cool!

Not sure if you are serious or not, in my defense NJ has some really screwed up laws.

It was a joke, but who knows in the People's Republic of New Jermany.  But who is going to carry around bolt cutters, or a 50 BMG  :)

bolt cutters dont fit in your wallet

Neither does a ratchet set. But it fits in my trunk.

Are you so constantly on foot miles from your car needing to open padlocks that you are keeping cut up soda cans in your wallet?

It's a neat trick that might come in handy (I have bolt cutters) but if you are keeping that in your wallet then you must be robbing people or something.

Neither does a ratchet set. But it fits in my trunk.

Are you so constantly on foot miles from your car needing to open padlocks that you are keeping cut up soda cans in your wallet?

It's a neat trick that might come in handy (I have bolt cutters) but if you are keeping that in your wallet then you must be robbing people or something.

ok, so you do get the wallet/robbing joke, wasnt sure for a moment.

Nothing like educating potential criminals. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know you're joking, but I wanted to point out that videos like this are to educate the public that these types of locks aren't secure and shouldn't be used for anything more than a minimal deterrent.

I know you're joking, but I wanted to point out that videos like this are to educate the public that these types of locks aren't secure and shouldn't be used for anything more than a minimal deterrent.

People are not that bright sometimes.

Nothing is secure with the right tools but don't think we should make it that easy either.

Nothing like educating potential criminals. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look man, shitty locks aren't protecting you form anything but honest people. Get a ball bearing hasped lock, and shimming doesn't work. 

Heck if it DOESN'T use ball bearings you can just open it with a small hammer. 

It's not educating criminals, it's educating consumers about being sold a piece of shit that implies a certain level of security rather than selling you one. 

Would you rather have a nice hardened chain locked with that, or something like the kryptonite keeper, which holds up well even to attempts to compromise it not in an installed state

I know which one I would prefer to lock up my genset with in a post hurricane situation. 

But yeah, lets rely on ignorance and the assumption nobody can figure out shit you can't. 

Look man, shitty locks aren't protecting you form anything but honest people. Get a ball bearing hasped lock, and shimming doesn't work.

Heck if it DOESN'T use ball bearings you can just open it with a small hammer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU9MB5XPsp4&t=0m39s

It's not educating criminals, it's educating consumers about being sold a piece of shit that implies a certain level of security rather than selling you one.

Would you rather have a nice hardened chain locked with that, or something like the kryptonite keeper, which holds up well even to attempts to compromise it not in an installed state

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPfwzSv5rcs

I know which one I would prefer to lock up my genset with in a post hurricane situation.

But yeah, lets rely on ignorance and the assumption nobody can figure out shit you can't.

What the Frack! What ya pissing down my neck for? I can give a shit. But when there is young to the world of crime, you just taught them something new they might not have known before.

BTW, no lock will keep someone out that really wants in. They are there as a deterrent and hopefully the person says, hell with it and moves on... My point is don't teach what is not known because there are millions of those locks out there. You can't blame consumers. The Consumers did their part.

I bet any amount of money I can get into your house. Would you want me to teach the local hoodlums how?

Worse thing you can do is piss off a lock smith or someone that worked with high tech security systems for decades.

Kryptonite had locks that you could open with a pen. Their lack of giving a shit got out and they stepped up their game. Master steps up at building shit they should be embarrassed and the big box stores should be stocking something better.

Pretending it's a secret doesn't solve shit. It's not like it's hard to find info.