Sign in to follow this  
Soup76

Out of state CCW + Vehicle Registration + NJ LEO = ?

Does anyone know if a NJ LEO will see my out-of-state CCW when they run my Vehicle Registration?

I ask because Michigan links the CCW with your Vehicle Registration, that way LEO can immediately see if you are legal.

Not sure if this is only visible to Michigan LEO or any LEO.

I've done some searching on various forums and received mixed results...it seems to depend on the specific states in question and what information is shared between those states.

If that is true, then I guess the question is...does Michigan share CCW information with NJ?

Thanks in advance!

I will let one the LEO's here answer your CPL question, but please tell me your not considering moving to NJ. I know the job market in Michigan is tough but the BS laws here are much worse. I am stuck here for a little while I married a "Jersey Girl" good luck and GO WINGS!

Sent from my XT1080

• Like 2

I will let one the LEO's here answer your CPL question, but please tell me your not considering moving to NJ. I know the job market in Michigan is tough but the BS laws here are much worse. I am stuck here for a little while I married a "Jersey Girl" good luck and GO WINGS!

Sent from my XT1080

HA! Too late...already been here a year, not entirely by choice...but, only three years left!

Been lucky to catch two games since I've been here, which is one thing I really like about the surrounding areas (Philly & Newark)...GO WINGS!

post-8550-0-31036000-1460730142_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Well atleast you are leaving soon I am stuck here for a while, I went back to D two months ago just to see a game in the Joe. It was a long time coming and well worth the trip.

Sent from my XT1080

• Like 1

You should try and make it back this upcoming year...it'll be the Farewell Season for the Joe.

So, I heard from some 2A friends back home...and it seems that the visibility of the CPL simply by running the vehicle registration is likely not an issue while out of state.

Well that is good to hear man, I might try and make it back next year we shall see. I did hit one of the lesser gun shows out there and got to see some stuff I cant own here, that M1 carbine was calling to me.