Sign in to follow this  
Kevin125

Newtown Suit against Remington Arms

A judge in CT ruled a lawsuit against Remington can go forward.  The suit alleges Remington should not have manufactured the Semi-auto AR15 since a semi auto rifles are military weapons.  My paraphrase.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/15/judge-rules-newtown-families-lawsuit-against-gun-makers-can-go-forward.html?intcmp=hpbt3

I'd expect this to be dismissed at some point based on the Protect of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act as the article references.  But... it should be dismissed because Remington had nothing to do with it. Adam Lanza, that sick #@$&^ killed those people.

The article also said this...

Judge Bellis ruled Thursday that argument would be best made in a motion later in the process and is not grounds to dismiss the lawsuit.

Which might be good in that he may think it has no ground but better ruled on elsewhere. Not sure.  Maybe the legal dudes can comment.

But...there's a disturbing trend on the left.  They are also suing Exxon Moblile for failure to warn the public that their products cause Climate Change.  The left loves to govern by the court system.

This crap has to stop.

Not that I would agree with this, but a lawsuit against the school district in Newtown for failing to protect their students and staff would be less ridiculous than suing Remington.  Kind of like Charles Manson was less crazy than Ted Bundy.

If this somehow goes forward and they win..... we have a big problem.