bdhszy1

buying a pistol from gunbroker

Looking to buy a used, semi hard to find pistol and have been watching a couple of sites for a fair price. My question is do I get a permit now and hope to find a deal before it expires, or can I buy a pistol, have it shipped to a FFL and pick it up when the permit comes in. I have had permits before so there should be no problem getting another.

If a rare pistol, I would bid on it.  Keep a rotation of permits in the wings, and you'll always be ready.  If your FFL will keep it until your ready, no problems.  I bought one used through an OOS FFL and had it shipped to my FFL and completely forgot about it.  He did too! It was a year later before we both realized it, and I had to file for a P2P.  

Not so much rare as trying to find one at a reasonable price. Looking for a 1960's python with a six inch barrel in decent shooting condition. Anyone selling?

LOL good luck with that. If you find on buy it regardless of permits

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yea a few of the FFLs I use will hold for you till you get yer permits. Just dont forget about it like T Bill. Although the whole auction thing leaves a bad taste in general. Always ghost bidders when no reserves and then a new post from the same sellers a few days later. 

We get a lot of Gun broker Items from customers....

It common for us to have to hold handguns while people wait for permits or Hold long guns while they continue shopping for other items..

Just be aware that some FFL's will not accept firearms from Private Parties... You should contact your FFL of choice prior to having a private sale shipped to them....   We do accept private party sales but i completely understand why others do not as it sometimes becomes a hassle when you get a gun shipped without Info on who it goes to or any info on where it came from.....

It would also be nice if shippers did not pack firearms wrapped in Dirty Clothing, Underwear or paper trash from their homes.. The barrel sticking out 2" because the box was to short is also a (SMH) moment.....

We have seen it all.

The Life of a Gun Pimp is not all glamour :)

We get a lot of Gun broker Items from customers....

It common for us to have to hold handguns while people wait for permits or Hold long guns while they continue shopping for other items..

Just be aware that some FFL's will not accept firearms from Private Parties... You should contact your FFL of choice prior to having a private sale shipped to them....   We do accept private party sales but i completely understand why others do not as it sometimes becomes a hassle when you get a gun shipped without Info on who it goes to or any info on where it came from.....

It would also be nice if shippers did not pack firearms wrapped in Dirty Clothing, Underwear or paper trash from their homes.. The barrel sticking out 2" because the box was to short is also a (SMH) moment.....

We have seen it all.

The Life of a Gun Pimp is not all glamour :)

Gun Pimp? Oh, man, the image that brings to mind,,,,,,,,,,,,,Do you wear a fur coat and a mink Stetson?  :laugh: