KyleKap19

Legion FAIL

Finally got to the range today and had a chance to shoot the P229 Legion I picked up a few weeks ago.

First 15 rounds were awesome - love it! Couldnt miss!

Then I thought I had a light strike ... racked it and pulled the trigger again. Felt weird.

Clear it, and upon closer look it was a total trigger failure. To me it seems that the trugger bar disconnected from a spring. Doesnt even release the hammer in SA.

So ... that sucks

Will be calling Sig in the AM to get a call tag and send it in for repair. Just not the "LEGION" experience I was hoping for, let alone 30 rounds in!

http://s1194.photobucket.com/user/Kyle_Kappmeier/media/20160417_130813.mp4.html

PS - dont say get a Glock, I sold them

Did you cleaned and lube it before hand? Did the slide was locking all the way forward? Mine was so tight that a couple of times within the first 50 shots didn't go all the way into battery, the hammer will drop down but the striker won't touch the primer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you cleaned and lube it before hand? Did the slide was locking all the way forward? Mine was so tight that a couple of times within the first 50 shots didn't go all the way into battery, the hammer will drop down but the striker won't touch the primer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed. It shot awesome for the first 20 rounds ... no FTFs or FTEs or light strikes. Was the gun it was touted to be!

Ideally it was going to be the pistol I trained on. Too big for me to conceal.

Hmmmm. You got a decision to make then. How much do you like/trust sig? If it were me I'd probably end up selling it or trading it for something else.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I will ... i mean it is definitely an freak occurance.

Just clean it and lube it and put more rounds through it. It will be fine. That gun has a very tight fit to start with. You haven't break it in yet. I know about thatc7441e1557758c16ded87a988da89035.jpg
  • Like 1

Just clean it and lube it and put more rounds through it. It will be fine. That gun has a very tight fit to start with. You haven't break it in yet. I know about thatc7441e1557758c16ded87a988da89035.jpg

Kinda hard when the trigger doesn't work.

• Like 2

Kinda hard when the trigger doesn't work.

So, when you pull the trigger the hammer doesn't go back and drops in double action? If you cock the hammer it won't drop with the trigger?

Have you taken off the right grip panel and checked the trigger bar spring?

Here's a You Tube video where the author is upgrading an old 226 to Legion specs (will apply to you 229 also) so you will be able to see what the Legion trigger bar spring looks like and how it should be positioned. Wondering if yours, bent, broke became disconnected or slipped and anchored itself to a different point.

Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 2

Hey, shit happens. Might be something simple. I love my Sigs and have total faith. Don't listen to the nay sayers that would ditch a gun because they heard about -ONE- that had a problem. This place is loaded with them.

....and for you other wankers, don't make me post all those Glocks that failed videos. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Remove right grip panel and ensure the trigger bar spring is not broken and is installed in the proper locations. 

Make sure trigger bar is not broken. The piece above the notch where the trigger bar spring sits often breaks. When it breaks off, the trigger will not reset. 

Make sure the safety lever (inside the frame, behind the trigger bar) is not broken or bent. If the safety lever's lower tab is broken, the trigger bar will not move it forward, resulting in the hammer not falling. 

Have you taken off the right grip panel and checked the trigger bar spring?

Here's a You Tube video where the author is upgrading an old 226 to Legion specs (will apply to you 229 also) so you will be able to see what the Legion trigger bar spring looks like and how it should be positioned. Wondering if yours, bent, broke became disconnected or slipped and anchored itself to a different point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6mMPsK8_4A

Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Ok so heres the report.

Took off the grip panel - trigger bar spring was disconnected. Everything else looks good to go. Inspected the spring and noticed that the little "lip" that curves up at the end and grabs the trigger bar doesnt have much to it. Its a very shallow bemd and I can see how it can be jostled loose. It did reconnect and functions properly, but I will definitely want them to either send me a new spring or look at it themselves.

Send it back to Sig. I had some FTF and FTE issues with my P 938 after 300 rounds. They replaced a few springs and tuned it up and it's been flawless since.

Total turn around time was 10 days.

I do agree considering the premium paid for their products they should be flawless out of the box.