KyleKap19

Legion FAIL

Whelp, 31+ posts later and still kabitzing, I'll take it off your hands for 300 bux.

:facepalm: Bunch of weenies! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you. I had the extractor claw break clean in two after 7 rounds on my brand new 226. Sig repaired it and almost 20,000 later, including holsters, mud, sand, it still shoots perfectly. Don't fret, it will be just fine.

G

• Like 1

I hear you. I had the extractor claw break clean in two after 7 rounds on my brand new 226. Sig repaired it and almost 20,000 later, including holsters, mud, sand, it still shoots perfectly. Don't fret, it will be just fine.

G

Finally got to the range today and had a chance to shoot the P229 Legion I picked up a few weeks ago.

First 15 rounds were awesome - love it! Couldnt miss!

Then I thought I had a light strike ... racked it and pulled the trigger again. Felt weird.

Clear it, and upon closer look it was a total trigger failure. To me it seems that the trugger bar disconnected from a spring. Doesnt even release the hammer in SA.

So ... that sucks

Will be calling Sig in the AM to get a call tag and send it in for repair. Just not the "LEGION" experience I was hoping for, let alone 30 rounds in!

http://s1194.photobucket.com/user/Kyle_Kappmeier/media/20160417_130813.mp4.html

PS - dont say get a Glock, I sold them

Just out of curiosity why you get rid of your glocks...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Not so freaky.

NJSP just had Sig come down to inspect their guns after a large number of failures at the range. They aparantly found a lot of issues with the NJSP guns....

NBPD also has had cracked frames and broken extractors recently on a large number of their Sigs as well.

ETA: Sig tested 500 random NJSP guns and had a failure rate of 22% - Cracked frames, broken extractors, cracked locking lugs.

NBPD failures reportedly mirror that.

Not so freaky.

NJSP just had Sig come down to inspect their guns after a large number of failures at the range. They aparantly found a lot of issues with the NJSP guns....

NBPD also has had cracked frames and broken extractors recently on a large number of their Sigs as well.

ETA: Sig tested 500 random NJSP guns and had a failure rate of 22% - Cracked frames, broken extractors, cracked locking lugs.

NBPD failures reportedly mirror that.

I don't think even Hi-Point has a 22% failure rate. I question how these weapons were possibly abused beyond the norm. What model is being

used by those two organizations? A 22% failure rate points to a junk gun. I never heard of Sigs being called junk before.

I wasn't being snide, just passing on info. No company makes a perfect product all the time.

Glocks had a big issue with their 9mm guns when they went to Gen4. 3rd gen .40 Glocks are notorious for issues with mounted WMLs.

Both agencies guns are Sig 229.

NJSP uses 9mm

NBPD uses .40

Guns at both agencies are about 8 years old if I remember right - with an approx 400 round a year firing schedule. Probably more for the gun guys, less for everyone else.

They do not. I know NBPD is still considering Sigs to replace them. Don't know that the NJSP is doing.

They were told by the Sig rep to look into the Legacy Series with the old style extractor. He said it's because it would fit their existing holsters better. When asked point blank if it was really because the new extractors were garbage the rep clammed up and got all uncomfortable.

I'm not telling you guys this to make you paranoid or to slam Sig. I am just passing on info.

It's simple:

• Know what the issues are and watch for them

• Follow your manufacturers preventative maintenance intervals

• Inspect your guns when you clean them

Follow the above and you'll be fine. This goes for any gun you own. Any gun you have, built by any manufacturer, can have unexpected and unforeseen issues.

• Like 1

How can I tell if my p220 in .45 and my P229 .40 have the poor design. What should I look for and can it be fixed?

It's not a "poor design" it was a cost cutting move by sig. Look at the extractor on the right side. If it's short it's the old style. Short is like 1/2" or less. If it's long it's the new style. There is nothing wrong with either design but it seems sig chose to change a part that gave them no problems in the past for a part that is cheaper to manufacture. Yours may be fine but I don't personally have any interest in the long extractor.

Sucks to hear about your issue but I'm sure Sig will make it right.

I've had my standard P220 for a few years now and it's been very good with both the 45 and 22 uppers. I've been working on trigger control a lot lately so last night I had it out with the 22 upper on it and at 25 yards I am pretty consistently in the black (3 or 4 out of 5 rounds) using golden bullets or cci ar tactical (like mini mags but 36 grain copper jacketed round nose). I am not quite so good with the 45 upper but still in a 12x12 standard NRA slow fire 25 yard target with only the occasional flier. This is with Winchester white box or American eagle 230 grain so not using target loads or anything special and it's all stock. I think it can do better but I just am not there yet.

I'm not going to win any bullseye tournaments with it but my scores wouldn't be an embarrassment either. For a combat, stock pistol with iron sights, that's good enough accuracy for me. No complaints.

Good luck with it, let us know how Sig handles the issue for you.

-Jim