10X

Need a chronograph

I've got some handgun load development to do, which started me looking at chronographs suitable for indoor use.  This would be under fluorescent lights, which causes problems for most chronographs...so I'd probably need one set up for an alternate light source--ideally, battery operated, so I don't have to run an extension cord.

I'm open to suggestions for good chronographs to consider buying, new or used...

...but it also occurred to me that instead of buying one, perhaps I could trade range time for the use of one.   So, I'd be happy to guest in at SCFGPA anyone with a chronograph that I can use while you're there.   And yes, in the extremely unlikely event that I shoot your chronograph, I'll pay for the damages.  :-)

It'll be a few weeks before I'm ready for the chrono session; 8 pm or later on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings are the best times for me that also avoids conflicts with the SCFGPA schedule.  Let me know if you're interested.  

Thanks.

Bump.

Anyone with a chrono want to trade for some range time?

I'll look into the ProChrono.   I can't use the Magnetospeed with the pistols I need to chrono.

Thanks.

I've read mixed reviews on those.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Works fine with .223.

There's really only a few issues with it.

1) it has a monochrome display, and it would have been in everyone's best interests to have made it oled as viewing it off axis it can get washed out easily.

2) if shooting small calibers, you don't want to set up near a berm with vegetation as it can get confused with wind moving the vegetation. Its not an issue with your standard centerfire pistol cartridges.

3) the UI is more complex than most other chronos.

4) timing. It has a maximum pace it can do the math at, and if you shoot faster you are just wasting ammo.

It took me one range outing to get used to it. I can show up set it up, chrono a dozen rounds and be done in maybe 10 minutes with everything saved to spreadsheets, even at dusk.

I still have to try it indoors though.

10x,

I have a battery operated CE ProChrono. Also, i have an LED, battery operated spotlight for add'l lighting. If you're interested, I need to do some rifle load development too and can meet on Tues nights at 8p.

I'm also fairly close to SCFGPA...

10x,

I have a battery operated CE ProChrono. Also, i have an LED, battery operated spotlight for add'l lighting. If you're interested, I need to do some rifle load development too and can meet on Tues nights at 8p.

I'm also fairly close to SCFGPA...

PM sent!

This thread has has been dormant for over a year. Anyone else try the labradar, any new reviews? I watched one being used at EFGA a couple weeks ago and was very impressed. I'm trying to find somewhere with at least a little holiday discount but there aren't a lot of places that carry them. I've convinced myself that I "need" it so I just need a little push to move forward. So if while your hunting for other sales you come across one share the knowledge please.