Kevin125

Inventory of known Firearms Lawyers

I think it might be helpful to have a pinned thread somewhere with a list of known firearms attorneys. I only know of two right now. Evan Nappen and Jonathan Goldstein (from that recent 2A panel Pizza Bob summarized). Since there seems to be a constant trickle of people that should probably consult an attorney when they post or soon after, these people could make use of that list. It would be unfortunate to lose track of attorney's like Jonathan Goldstein, who I never heard of until now, but appears to be experienced and is licensed in NJ. Some people have mentioned other attorneys that to find again would be a pain.

If the powers that be want to be formal, and contact the attorneys to ask if they'd like to be listed, that's fine I suppose. Just means more work. But I was thinking something more informal that included a statement saying "NJGF does not endorse any attorney. This just a list.. " ...or whatever is the right thing to say.

So let's start one here:

John Fabrielle, III Esq.

Admitted in NJ

732-246-0888

Fax 732-246-0888

214 New Jersey 18 #2a, East Brunswick, NJ 08816

https://www.fabrielelaw.com/

Jonathan Goldstein

Admitted in PA & NJ

McNelly & Goldstein, LLC

[email protected]

610-727-4191

11 Church Road, Hatfield, PA 19440

http://mcnellygoldstein.com/attorney/jonathan-goldstein/

Jef Henninger, Esq.

Admitted in NJ

855-953-3529

(no email provided)

(multiple offices in NJ)
http://www.jefhenninger.com/

Evan Nappen

Admitted in NH, NJ, PA

[email protected]

732-389-8888

Fax 732-389-8744

NJ Office: 21 Throckmorton Ave, Eatontown, NJ 07724

http://www.evannappen.com/

• Like 2

ANJRPC lawyers list on their site http://www.anjrpc.org/?page=legal_advice

Legal Advice Concerning New Jersey Firearms Laws  
The Association cannot respond to requests for legal advice concerning firearms laws. The following attorneys have agreed to answer legal questions asked by our members on the telephone concerning firearms related matters. Questions should be brief and pointed, preferably written down in advance of your call to the attorney. Any actual or further representation of the member by the attorney -- such as either in court or before an administrative agency such as a police department, etc. -- is to be negotiated between the member and the attorney.
The Association makes no statement, representation, warranty or guarantee as to the skill, legal ability or competencies of any of these attorneys. These attorneys are not employees of the Association, and the Association is not responsible for the advice they give. Use of these attorneys and reliance upon their advice is strictly at your own risk. Contacting one or more of these attorneys will indicate your agreement to and acceptance of the above terms and conditions.

Gary J. Needleman*
973 334-4422

Russell G. Bickert
973 278-1300

Ed Zohn
908 526-8220

Robert Rosenberg
732 341-3337
Evan F. Nappen
732 389-8888

Stuart A. Platt*
                                                                                                         856 784-8500 x20

* on retainer by ANJRPC
  • Like 1

Great thread idea. My only input I can give is don't waste your time trying to contact Nappen unless you have a high profile case. I contacted him a couple weeks ago and a friend of mine did a couple years ago neither of us got a reply or return call.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great thread idea. My only input I can give is don't waste your time trying to contact Nappen unless you have a high profile case. I contacted him a couple weeks ago and a friend of mine did a couple years ago neither of us got a reply or return call.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That is unfortunate. I believe he lives in Maine so I can understand only wanting to take particular cases, but that doesn't excuse the lack of decency to reply.

Daniel Schmutter

Hartman & Winnicki, P.C.

[email protected]

Paramus Office:

West 115 Century Road

Suite 120

Paramus, NJ 07652

Tel: (201) 967-8040

Fax: (201) 967-0590

Ridgewood Office:

74 Passaic Street Ridgewood, NJ 07450

Tel: (201) 967-8040

Fax: (201) 857-4124

• Like 2

I suppose you could add me, Jason Seidman. Feel free to look me up. Former county prosecutor, director of Middlesex County gangs, guns, and drugs task force.   My firm has offices all over the state but I work mostly out of New Brunswick, Red Bank, and on occasion Union.  732-450-8300. [email protected]

• Like 2

I believe he lives in Maine so I can understand only wanting to take particular cases, but that doesn't excuse the lack of decency to reply.

New Hampshire...

Federal stuff, Ryan Cleckner is definitely someone I’d call. Does classes on getting FFLs and carry permits (didn’t try either, and have both categories). Ex-military (Army Ranger sniper), but worked for Remington as a legal consultant. Also does a lot for the firearms community in regards to education... whether shooting or legal information. Listen to some of his podcasts, as the legal ones really do take a boring subject and explain it in an interesting way.

https://www.ryancleckner.com/

• Like 1

Ryan S. Watson
Associate Attorney
Tel. 610.358.9600
Collections, Insurance Subrogation, Criminal, Firearms and NFA Trusts, Real Estate, Wills & Trusts

Hes in PA but can practice in NJ.

Super pro-2A and really good guy. 

Hes the one who got Meg Fellenbaum pardoned:

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/01/nj-gov-chris-christie-pardons-meg-fellenbaum/

New Jersey –  -(Ammoland.com)- Late on, January 12, 2018, Gov. Chris Christie personally made the call to Ryan Watson, Esq. that his client, Meg Fellenbaum, received a pardon.

This is a link to his father's firm, not sure why hes not listed there.

https://www.watsonandallard.com/

But he is on this site:

http://www.jscottwatson.com/ourattorneys.htm

Try both links/sites until you get him. 

I have a friend that could use someone to consult regarding NJ regs, NY regs, transfers, and estates.

Short description:
Friend's dad died, NJ resident. Will did not lay out disposition of his firearms collection.  We are assuming wife will be now legal owner after disposition of estate.  Her one son is a L.I. resident, and wants to take possession of the collection, and she's agreeable to that.  Need to find out if there's any procedural pitfalls to watch out for.

48 minutes ago, Sota said:

I have a friend that could use someone to consult regarding NJ regs, NY regs, transfers, and estates.

Short description:
Friend's dad died, NJ resident. Will did not lay out disposition of his firearms collection.  We are assuming wife will be now legal owner after disposition of estate.  Her one son is a L.I. resident, and wants to take possession of the collection, and she's agreeable to that.  Need to find out if there's any procedural pitfalls to watch out for.

You need an estate lawyer for all that. Unless you can get the firearms inherited directly to the son, the mom will have to go through all the legal channels or transferring the firearms to him.

Wife can verbalize to the lawyer who disposed of the estate and the executor that the father intended for the firearms to go to the son and not her. The lawyer will know how to properly handle this.

On 4/20/2016 at 11:56 AM, DirtyDigz said:

So let's start one here:

John Fabrielle, III Esq.

Admitted in NJ

732-246-0888

Fax 732-246-0888

214 New Jersey 18 #2a, East Brunswick, NJ 08816

https://www.fabrielelaw.com/

I have used John recently and hes good guy and helped me get thru something. 

On 3/19/2020 at 11:14 AM, Sota said:

Short description:

Try Ryan.

He does gun trusts. 

If he cant help you, maybe he can recommend someone.

Just wanted to chime in. I know it was mentioned on this topic years ago that Nappen no longer answers or calls back. I wanted to say that I emailed him and he got back to me in 2 days. He spent 15 mins with me on the phone. Even though I told him I wasn’t in need of paid counsel , he was  good about hearing my potential issue. Also I would like to say good things about Frank Pisano as well, he also spent time with me on the phone and allowed me to pick his brain.

fyi I have been a member since 09 but have been a way for a while. I changed my screen name and it looks like it removed my previous post count and other info. Hopefully I don’t have another hiatus 

I called one of the ANJRPC on-call lawyers (a membership benefit) years ago and got a prompt callback with a clear answer to my question.  Unfortunately I don't recall who that attorney was.

I called Nappen last year with a question, and also got a quick callback, a clear answer, and we spent the next 20 minutes on the phone discussing old Mausers.    I suspect a lot has to do with how busy the attorney is when you call.   If you catch them when they're up to their eyeballs in work, it could be awhile before you get a response.