45Doll

Prince Is Dead

So now he's the Former Artist known as Prince?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And before that his name was unspeakable. Or was it unmentionable? Or  unrecognizable? Or perhaps undefinable? Hell.. are we even sure he was a guy? The way things are now, I might have run into him in the ladies room.

You know I like some of his music, and he never did anything to me personally. But this artist worship is something else to behold. And of course the media is over the top.

• Like 1

Thank goodness this isn't a "Omg Prince is dead, RIP type of bs post" I personally can't fucking stand how these mindless sheep are so "affected" by the death of a person who doesn't even know of their existence. I actually got into it with my FIL earlier today when my response to him asking if I had heard Prince died was, "Yea and I couldn't care any less and you shouldn't either."

Of course he did, same thing he did when Whitney Houston died, but not a word when Chris Kyle was killed!

Exactly.

Apparently, Prince's emergency landing was to get an opiate rescue shot at an ER.  He then left the hospital after no private room was available.  If that's all true, he wasn't a genius, he was an idiot.

I have never been a fan of Prince.

Having said that, I respect and recognize his contribution and influence to pop music and find it sad that anyone dies prematurely at a young age.

What irritates and annoys me right now is how our celebrity-obsessed mass media focuses incessantly on his death and the 24/7 coverage that is allocated to him, his background, history, reasons for his death, etc, etc... Then the interviews with the "man/woman on the street" who profess wild exaggerations of incredible grief and make bombastic, over-the-top statements and pronouncements that he was God's gift to music. The media hype and air time given his passing has now IMHO, gone way beyond reasonable expressions of condolences. (We have now passed 45Doll's guestimate for the duration of all this....)

This is just one more reason why I and many others are fed up listening and/or watching most so-called main stream news programs. They obviously prefer to dedicate most of their time to stories regarding entertainment and gossip about celebrities, sports figures, Donald Trump and other crap, with very little true news. They do this for ratings, which in turn means that Americans want to hear/ watch this stuff. That is a very sad commentary on the direction of American society and does not bode well for the future of our country.

I do not think this situation will change for the better and will only continue to degrade further until the majority of American society are junk food consuming obese morons who are also illiterate about history, let alone facts, obsessed about purchasing unnecessary material consumer goods, listening to stupid noise masquerading as music and watching moronic TV shows, since they no longer read anything other than their misspelled text messages that they share with their other moronic brethren who are most likely blissfully driving their little shit-box cars with burned out lights,

(Thank you for letting me rant... I feel better now!)

AVB-AMG

• Like 1

We have now passed 45Doll's guestimate for the duration of all this....

(Thank you for letting me rant...  I feel better now!)

AVB-AMG

I was trying to be optimistic. So much for that. I feel better now too having read your post!

Maybe it's time to cancel satellite. I find myself hitting the mute button a lot more, and fast forwarding news programs just reading the ribbons.