Sign in to follow this  
israeliagent613

Gilboa rifles.

Wonder what theyll bring. Trying to support Israel as much as possible, would be nice to have an Israeli Built rifle other than a tavor(not a fan of bullpups). I should tell my cousin to get a job there.... maybe i'll get a family discount? Haha

Personally I don't understand why people try to make AR pattern rifles that shoot 7.62x39, It would be one thing if said rifles were the same price as .223 ARs and you could rapidly see the savings of lower cost ammo, but so far they cost like 3 times what a base AR costs. In top of that, if you are going to shoot cheap ammo, Wolf costs the same in either caliber. For that you give up parts interchangeability, availability of emplacement barrels, etc, etc. Its only value is that listed in the advert above, if you are a 7.62x38 nation and you want a more modular platform then the AK without giving up interchange of ammo with your main line troops

As an import it makes even less sense, as the laws governing imports dictate it needs to meet the "sporting purpose" test so you would have to modify it as much as people have to modify Saiga's today.

Personally I don't understand why people try to make AR pattern rifles that shoot 7.62x39, It would be one thing if said rifles were the same price as .223 ARs and you could rapidly see the savings of lower cost ammo, but so far they cost like 3 times what a base AR costs. In top of that, if you are going to shoot cheap ammo, Wolf costs the same in either caliber. For that you give up parts interchangeability, availability of emplacement barrels, etc, etc. Its only value is that listed in the advert above, if you are a 7.62x38 nation and you want a more modular platform then the AK without giving up interchange of ammo with your main line troops

As an import it makes even less sense, as the laws governing imports dictate it needs to meet the "sporting purpose" test so you would have to modify it as much as people have to modify Saiga's today.

But but but! It's Isreali!!!1! and the 7.62x39 has more death power than the aenimic 5.56x45.