jrfly3006

Carpenter Bee problem

I have a reoccurring carpenter bee issue that I need to fix ASAP..they're apparently getting in under the fascia board on the side of my house and getting in the attic..any DIY suggestions on elimination?.

.they've made a few holes in a 2x4 in the attic but looks localized...is it common for them to fly around in an attic?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

In the early morning, spray Tri-Die in the holes, they will be gone the next day.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/tridie-oz-p-249.html

I lived in a log home in NJ. The bees got to a few hundred. Then I used this and got down to a few the next day.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

A few kept tunneling into my back decks. I gave them a proper tomb for their efforts in making such a neat pile of saw dust and perfect round hole.

I waited till the bugger was in the hole then injected silicon. It is now part of its own art work. A fossil for future explorers. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Carpenter bee traps work.  It's a 6" x 6" x 6" wooden box with a mason jar threaded into the bottom.  The top of the box overhangs the sides by about an inch to make sort of a roof.

A 3/8" hole is drilled in each of the 4 sides.   Carpenter bees can't resist going into the holes and they fall into the mason jar where they can't get out.  I've filled a mason jar in a few days.

I use a product called   Boracare,   I lived in a log cabin and always treated it with that.    also  do a search on youtube for carpenter bee traps and build a few of them,   I built one that has a plastic bottle at the bottom and quite a few of the bees get in and cant get out,   

I just tossed my trap I made from last year. Didn't do anything for me. I had someone come and dust away. The dust needs to get pumped into the channels they make..

I used pvc pipe and ak trigger parts to extend my aresol can up the side of my house.. Didn't work..

I taped a sandal to the pvc pipe and that got a couple of them..

Spent like 200 on having someone come dust and fill holes and they are all gone.. None yet this year either.

Hydrogen cyanide. Just don't make any sparks, it does have a (limited) flammability range. And you'll need to wear an acid gas respirator and get the family out of the house because it will kill everyone. It also penetrates APR respirators unusually quickly, so use SCBA/SCUBA gear if you don't think you can get out fast.