Sign in to follow this  
mikeyjones

Stripped Anderson Upper $39.99

Aim Surplus has stripped Anderson uppers in stock for 39.99

https://www.slickguns.com/product/anderson-manufacturing-lightweight-sport-ar-upper-receiver-3995#comments

I love these uppers, they're light, strong, and in my opinion better than the PSA.

Shipping is kind of high so I'm holding off. 

If anyone wants to place an order, I'll take 1.  

Only $7.96 shipping to my zip.  But the transfer will bring it right up to what I paid for my last Anderson over the counter a few months ago - $75+NICS+tax was $100 even.  Unless you can get a deal on the transfer.

Only $7.96 shipping to my zip.  But the transfer will bring it right up to what I paid for my last Anderson over the counter a few months ago - $75+NICS+tax was $100 even.  Unless you can get a deal on the transfer.

This is an upper, no transfer needed.  No need to ship to FFL

I was thinking about this but would prefer to wait for one with the dust cover and forward assist.  They are the same price but would need to add $19.99 for the dust cover and the forward assist parts.  I think $60 is still a deal though.

I was thinking about this but would prefer to wait for one with the dust cover and forward assist.  They are the same price but would need to add $19.99 for the dust cover and the forward assist parts.  I think $60 is still a deal though.

For lightweight builds, I prefer ones without dust covers and forward assists.  

I have yet to use FA a single time...

For lightweight builds, I prefer ones without dust covers and forward assists.  

I have yet to use FA a single time...

It looks kinda silly with parts missing. You'll have to get a different receiver than what is advertised.

The one advertised doesn't have the hole for a fa and doesn't have the mounts for a dust cover.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Ooops. My bad. I never use them either. Kind of a waste nowadays with decent ammo.

Does the forward assist serve a purpose outside of purging water? I've only successfully used it once to force ammo into place and it was because my reloads weren't sized properly. I've never found a need otherwise.

Only if you're a tactical operator sneaking up on your target.

I'd be very careful forcing in improperly sized reloads.

Exactly my point. If you aren't using it for the tactical operation and it's a poor tool to force ammo into place, what purpose does it serve?

I've used it more than a few times in life. Rifle ammo was dirty leaving rounds almost in full bat. The nudge helped. Not just for water.