Sign in to follow this  
Pine Baron

Howdy from Toms River

Live in Toms River, Shoot where ever I can. Currently shooting at GSSC, Shore Shot and Shooters. All good places as far as I'm concerned. I'm looking for an outdoor range that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and doesn't require goosestepping to the firing line.

I am a reloader, 9MM, 38/357, and a .44 1858 Remington Cap & Ball. Really would like to find a place to shoot Black Powder.

Looking forward to the discussions here. :preved:

Hi Schrodinger, (the cat's alive!) Been to Dix, some young mil wannabe type tried to give me a hard time, don't have time for that BS. I guess I could give it another shot (pun intended) but they're limited opening is a hassle.

Tattoo, What/ where is SJSC?

I go to SJSC also, nice place.

On a side note, their online calendar is blank, I sent an email to Amy last week but still have not heard back, anyone know whats going on?

Welcome!
I Second Ft Dix (Range 14). I Shoot there, just follow the rules and you'll  be fine. Fairly cheap as far as up front costs go (only 65$), but, if you shoot a lot, it adds up (4$/hr/person). I like it because if i join the Jackson range i'd have to pay 900$ up front, plus, they limit guests and what not. Range 14 allows guests up to 3 additional people, but they pay 4$/hour just like you; no need for FID or membership, so i bring my Fiance and friends from time to time.

• Like 1

I go to SJSC also, nice place.

On a side note, their online calendar is blank, I sent an email to Amy last week but still have not heard back, anyone know whats going on?

I always use Bangers event calander for 3gun and other matches....Its always current......

I always use Bangers event calander for 3gun and other matches....Its always current......

its blank now, at least it is on my computer??

EDIT: its a blank page using firefox, but its working fine with Safari

Thanks to all for the welcome.

Lambo, I don't have a problem with the ROs or the range. My last time there I had some arrogant tacti-cool jerk give me some grief about my weapons, my "look" and my friends. I won't waste my time or effort dealing with that.

I probably will give it another go. It is the closest most affordable outdoor range that I can find, so far.

As far as SJSC. It's kind of a hike for my limited time and I really would like to be able to check it out before making a commitment.

Gotcha.
I'm 22 and my buddy who is even younger and i go to range 14 all the time. Have never had an issue, at least as far as i can remember the last few months we've gone. In fact, lots of people see us picking up our brass and scoop theirs and throw it our way, haha. RO is nice too, answers all questions regardless of how dumb they might seem.

Lambo,

Thanks for your support. I probably will give it another go. No sense in letting one jerk spoil it.

By the way I'm 65 and the attitude was "Bennie" vs "Piney". My "old school" firearms vs his "modern" wonder weapons.

I love ALL things that go boom and am like a kid in a candy store, checking out everyone's toys, and more than willing to share the joy.

I am the original "Gun Nut" that you've heard about. :hunter:

• Like 1