siderman

Dems blocking ccw reform

How do you do that? Money does talk and the unions, including PD, back democrats because they believe republicans want to take their pensions--generally not all. So you'll never get the LEO unions, or any other, to back a 2a friendly candidate.

That is the conundrum. How do the other State's FOP/PBA's deal and go along with the People's right to CCW? Why is it that NJ, NY, CA, etc. LE have problems with CCW for civilians? Surely, the other state's unions support CCW, no? 

Don't any of them ever leave this state?  Don't they ever go to one of the 44 states where people carry concealed weapons? 

It's more like 47 states. NJ, MD, HI are the only remaining no-issue states. 

They send their kids to college, vacation, go camping and skiing, take business trips, and shop in shall-issue states. I truly believe though that they don't realize it. If you try to tell them they cover their ears like 5-year-olds.

• Like 2

It's more like 47 states. NJ, MD, HI are the only remaining no-issue states. 

They send their kids to college, vacation, go camping and skiing, take business trips, and shop in shall-issue states. I truly believe though that they don't realize it. If you try to tell them they cover their ears like 5-year-olds.

Yeah I guess they don't realize it because they don't see all the wild shoot outs in the Walmart lot over parking spots......oh, wait, that doesn't actually happen.  

That is the conundrum. How do the other State's FOP/PBA's deal and go along with the People's right to CCW? Why is it that NJ, NY, CA, etc. LE have problems with CCW for civilians? Surely, the other state's unions support CCW, no? 

I don't think it's whether or not the NJ PBA/FOP or it's individual members support CCW/CWP.  It's that they cannot back candidates that do because they feel they are better served by democrats.  It has nothing to do with the CCW issue.  In order for them to help us they'd have to vote republican, which they won't do because they feel it's detrimental to their careers and pensions.  

I don't think it's whether or not the NJ PBA/FOP or it's individual members support CCW/CWP.  It's that they cannot back candidates that do because they feel they are better served by democrats.  It has nothing to do with the CCW issue.  In order for them to help us they'd have to vote republican, which they won't do because they feel it's detrimental to their careers and pensions.  

Hasn't anyone told them the dems have spent their pensions to secure the votes of the very people they will be arresting?

Hasn't anyone told them the dems have spent their pensions to secure the votes of the very people they will be arresting?

They haven't. I have to brothers that are LEO and a few good friends. They will all tell you Chris Christie stole their pension. I feel they believe it was all good till CC said there's a problem.

• Like 1

Rob0115-

"They will all tell you Chris Christie stole their pension".   More union lies. Dems take more money from the NJEA than any other union. Dems waste more money (as they control both houses) on failed programs and people the LE fight against every day. Dems are the ones that have robbed Peter to pay Paul.  

How do you do that? Money does talk and the unions, including PD, back democrats because they believe republicans want to take their pensions--generally not all. So you'll never get the LEO unions, or any other, to back a 2a friendly candidate.

You also won't get a the PBA and FOP in this state etc to back a citizens right to carry here because those same democrat-leaning unions will put out the puff piece about how they can't have anarchy and any Joe Schmo wielding a gun in public and they are looking out for the interests of the lives of their officers, so we should all be disarmed, etc -

Christie adding "serious threats" to the definition of justifiable need is a fucking joke.  So should we all get together and make anonymous phone threats or show up in random masks at peoples houses toward one another on this forum so we can all qualify for CCW?

The word reform used in the story is also a joke.  Show me some reform with actual removal of loopholes and legistation - removing justifiable need, doing away with our own NICS and just using the federal NICS check, etc.

• Like 1

Rob0115-

"They will all tell you Chris Christie stole their pension".   More union lies. Dems take more money from the NJEA than any other union. Dems waste more money (as they control both houses) on failed programs and people the LE fight against every day. Dems are the ones that have robbed Peter to pay Paul.  

I know what's going on but I am telling you what they think.  Those are the very folks I was using as an example as to why the strategies continually fail.  

That is my whole point. In other states Sheriff's support the 2nd amendment and the people's right to defend themselves. Here in NJ LE is somehow always exempt from the rules because their unions bitch about the laws. 

In those states the Sheriffs aren't liberals--in NJ most are.  You want a pro-2a sheriff group move out of NJ.

The problem is NJ has had a reputation for being an unfriendly state to guns, gun owners and etc. This has been going back a long time, and its those liberals democrats in the state house that are the problem. Plus an AG that can make up laws without the input from the people. The Clinton-era "assault weapons ban" in the 90s is a perfect example. The federal law was patterned after the NJ one

• Like 1

The simple answer would be to infiltrate and take over the Dem party in most of the state.

Yes.  Then destroy it.

We'd need a 20 year plan for that.  

Kind of like that Dems are trying to do to the R party.

Yes.  Then destroy it.

We'd need a 20 year plan for that.  

Kind of like that Dems are trying to do to the R party.

I don't have 20 years to wait.....  I would rather move out of NJ unfortunately than wait to see if that happens. 

I don't disagree.  Just an observation for future generations.

you mean the ones who need safe places and want free everything? Each generation is more apethetic than the one before on the 2A. NJ is lost now, wont be any heros coming up in the ranks here.

• Like 2

you mean the ones who need safe places and want free everything? Each generation is more apethetic than the one before on the 2A. NJ is lost now, wont be any heros coming up in the ranks here.

No.  The ones with brains that aren't polluted with Marxist crap.  Most of the micro-aggression fearing, SJW's will learn the hard way that life is a lot tougher if you hand over your freedom to gov't bureaucracies. But to your point, look at the number self-described communists twenty-somethings.  They've been indoctrinated by the public school system which is controlled quietly by Marxists and they are then led around by these well funded groups once out of school.

It's a larger, more complicated problem than can be covered in a forum post.  But essentially, it's a large scale brainwashing of kids.

CCW?  What New Jerseyans should be doing is planning for how to handle what happens after Christie is no longer available to veto BS laws.

yup- this ccw dream will soon drift away as we try to figure out how to keep what we already have. 4 choices- hide, register, sell or move.

Thats when they will push through a law like the NY Safe Act or worse

We've already seen all the laws they want to enact, already written up ready to be signed.http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.anjrpc.org/resource/resmgr/ds-email/gun_control_list_03-22-13.pdf

yup- this ccw dream will soon drift away as we try to figure out how to keep what we already have. 4 choices- hide, register, sell or move.

We've already seen all the laws they want to enact, already written up ready to be signed.http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.anjrpc.org/resource/resmgr/ds-email/gun_control_list_03-22-13.pdf

so true, that is just a sample of their intent

Thats when they will push through a law like the NY Safe Act or worse

yeah right, imagine mandatory smart gun technology since it is now available with no grandfathering law, 5 round limit and again no grandfathering, nothing larger than .22 again no grandfathering, ammo tax with a law on how much ammo a person can own at any given time, how many firearms a person can own, firearms insurance, home inspections, psychological tests, 500.00 dollar tax on every gun purchase and many more.  I believe every single one of these or something similar has already been introduce or the idea was brought up by a dem 

I don't have 20 years to wait.....  I would rather move out of NJ unfortunately than wait to see if that happens. 

I don't have 20 years either.  I'm in my 60's now, so do the math.  

CCW?  What New Jerseyans should be doing is planning for how to handle what happens after Christie is no longer available to veto BS laws.

I'm hoping to either be out of here, or have a place in another state when the anti-Second Amendment tsunami hits NJ in January, 2018.

Won't I have to wear a jacket and tie?

No, you have the right to bare arms.  

http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.anjrpc.org/resource/resmgr/ds-email/gun_control_list_03-22-13.pdf

^^^I don't know whats worse, reading bill proposals like "in home inspection as a prerequisite to purchase a firearm" or seeing literally all the dates of these bills as 60 days maximum, and pages of bills proposed literally before the Sandy Hook kids were buried - nothing like not letting a crisis go to waste.

yeah right, imagine mandatory smart gun technology since it is now available with no grandfathering law, 5 round limit and again no grandfathering, nothing larger than .22 again no grandfathering, ammo tax with a law on how much ammo a person can own at any given time, how many firearms a person can own, firearms insurance, home inspections, psychological tests, 500.00 dollar tax on every gun purchase and many more.  I believe every single one of these or something similar has already been introduce or the idea was brought up by a dem

Yeah, but it's a dry heat.

Oh wait...

^^My wife says that about Texas all the time when I tell her lets move - "Too Hot, feels like a hair dryer" she says, "its a dry heat" I say, however, lately I've been hearing it less and less from her so I'm pretty certain shes on board with exodus :haha: