Sign in to follow this  
david8613

Anyone here have an iwi x95, or handled one?

Its entirely a hit and miss.
Personally, while i've never held the real IWI Tavor, i absolutely hate bullpups. I also like solid feeling rifles. I've heard that these feel fairly plastic-y and odd to hold. Other people absolutely love it.
IMO, you're going to have to hold/shoot one and decide for yourself.
While i love IWI, being an Israeli Citizen, i don't think i'd buy one myself.

• Like 1

I have a Tavor and handled but not shot an x95. I liked the x95 ergonomics and feel a lot better. I have a Geiselle trigger in mine but I've heard the stock to stock the x95 trigger is much better. If I didn't have a Tavor I'd get one.

I had a tavor and liked it very much, sold it needing some quick money for something unexpected and i regretted it very much ever since. I placed an order for the newer x95 today, I haven't held it but from what I'm hearing she feels lighter, smaller and easier to handle even though it's not lighter or smaller than the original tavor.

I never shot a real bullpup, but have handled *airsoft* ones a few times before (almost bought an airsoft tavor) and absolutely refused to do so since because it felt so out of place. I might be surprised shooting an actual Tavor, but i don't know anyone with one and won't spend 2 grand on an experiment... haha

I disliked bullpups myself until I bought and started shooting my Tavor and PS90.....hands down amazing

Same, own both and AK/AR's as well, and I love Tavor and PS90. Both great shooters and quality rifles. I am changing Tavor to 9mm winter time for indoor range and it is 10min of work conversion. I would buy X95 as soon I will see it in stores, unfortunatly we should wait long here ...

• Like 1

I shot my friends x95 and it was pretty cool.  The ergonomics was pretty good but getting used to the grip/trigger position was a little odd.  It was fun to shoot with very little recoil, but I don't think I would spend that much money on a single firearm.  He just put on a scope and was still working on getting it zeroed but the iron sights were nice and accurate.

Geissle trigger feels awesome. Very smooth two stage... As good as any AR drop in trigger... To be honest the stock trigger was very nice as well. Not as good but very nice... If you are not willing to sell the stock x95 trigger to offset the cost of the Geissle I would just stick with the stock trigger.

Also when IWI starts selling them at $199 it is a nice budget option to upgrade the trigger on a SAR21 Tavor vs $350 for the Geissle.

I never shot a real bullpup, but have handled *airsoft* ones a few times before (almost bought an airsoft tavor) and absolutely refused to do so since because it felt so out of place. I might be surprised shooting an actual Tavor, but i don't know anyone with one and won't spend 2 grand on an experiment... haha

Maybe a little late...  GFH range has Tavor for rent.

They are probably insanely expensive, though.

Ive been seriously contemplating buying one, but demand is high and supply is low. Used tavors are going for retail.

No its not that bad. depends what you think is expensive. One rental, time and a box or 3 of ammo. about $75. I like my X95 though.

• Like 1