Lambo2936

Transporting loaded mag's?

In NJ it's all about INTENT.  If it's out of reach and out of sight and hard to get to, you don't have EVIL INTENT.  I'm not from the school of thought that we need to make ourselves defeated victims of tyranny IN ADVANCE! 

Is not having evil intent written in the NJ statutes? I never have any evil intent (well almost never) so does this exempt me from the draconian NJ statutes?

...Most of you are guilty of asking for permission to breathe AIR!  It's not written anywhere that you're ALLOWED to do it, so you conveniently make up your own rules as you go simply because of urban MYTH!  If something IS illegal, you're not only told it's ILLEGAL, but you're also told how bad the wrist slap, fine or imprisonment is.  ...

Low blow - I don't fault anyone for asking "is it legal to X" in regards to firearms in NJ.

In NJ you actually do have to ask if it's legal to "beathe air" in the context of firearms because NJ firearms law starts with the premise that firearms are illegal.....except for certain exemptions.  So this turns the logic backwards - you have to start from the assumption that everything is illegal and then work to what is legal.

Is not having evil intent written in the NJ statutes? I never have any evil intent (well almost never) so does this exempt me from the draconian NJ statutes?

In NJ if you play with Gunz you have EVIL INTENT, so all of the statutes apply.  Just ask Ms. Loretta about Pizza Delivery guys all wanting CCW so they can turn Bergen Co. into "The Wild West", lol!

Low blow - I don't fault anyone for asking "is it legal to X" in regards to firearms in NJ.

In NJ you actually do have to ask if it's legal to "beathe air" in the context of firearms because NJ firearms law starts with the premise that firearms are illegal.....except for certain exemptions.  So this turns the logic backwards - you have to start from the assumption that everything is illegal and then work to what is legal.

Yes, you most certainly DO have to "work backwards", but you have to accomplish it with an open, educated mind.  Like looking at pre-loaded stripper clips of AR-15 ammo (sitting on a shelf in a gun shop) sold in ammo cans and my Garand ammo sold in En-Bloc Clips in NEW JERSEY w/o the need for dis-assembly prior to transport, and then extrapolate the truth after learning that NO written law exists preventing it.  Situational awareness of what reality actually IS is quite helpful indeed.   

None of what I write is meant as a "Low-Blow", it's merely meant to make folks THINK!  Besides, asking for my highly respected, 45+ years of gun experience OPINION (or anybody else's here) is foolhardy at best (since IANAL and can't INVOICE you for my OPINION, lol).

Yes, you most certainly DO have to "work backwards", but you have to accomplish it with an open, educated mind.  Like looking at pre-loaded stripper clips of AR-15 ammo (sitting on a shelf in a gun shop) sold in ammo cans and my Garand ammo sold in En-Bloc Clips in NEW JERSEY w/o the need for dis-assembly prior to transport, and then extrapolate the truth after learning that NO written law exists preventing it.  Situational awareness of what reality actually IS is quite helpful indeed.   

None of what I write is meant as a "Low-Blow", it's merely meant to make folks THINK!  Besides, asking for my highly respected, 45+ years of gun experience OPINION (or anybody else's here) is foolhardy at best (since IANAL and can't INVOICE you for my OPINION, lol).

I propose Operation Dumb-Ass

An effort to educate LEO's on the details of NJ and Federal Gun Laws to prevent unlawful detentions and arrests for lawful acts by the citizens and visitors to our woeful state.

(Excluding of course the well informed LEO members of this forum.)

Ok.. maybe change the Op name...

I propose Operation Dumb-Ass

An effort to educate LEO's on the details of NJ and Federal Gun Laws to prevent unlawful detentions and arrests for lawful acts by the citizens and visitors to our woeful state.

(Excluding of course the well informed LEO members of this forum.)

Ok.. maybe change the Op name...

^^^Now that's the kind of common sense I can get behind, lol!

It is interesting to note that the latest AG wrote a Directive to sorta help us and not penalize us for eating, picking-up a friend or making a rest stop on our "directly to and from" Drill.  Progress takes many forms I guess...

^^^Now that's the kind of common sense I can get behind, lol!

It is interesting to note that the latest AG wrote a Directive to sorta help us and not penalize us for eating, picking-up a friend or making a rest stop on our "directly to and from" Drill.  Progress takes many forms I guess...

The AG directive defines "reasonable deviations" people have been doing without being arrested for years before the internet.

The AG directive defines "reasonable deviations" people have been doing without being arrested for years before the internet.

YEP, it most certainly does, lol!  In fact Griz it's akin to acknowledging that not every law is a good law and some of these bad transportation and possession laws (that were never enforced by anyone I know) need to GO!  

Same can be said for the technical "violation" of an "Illegal Transfer" that occurs when a NJ Housewife brandishes a hand gun on her property (bought in NJ and registered to her Husband) to scare-away a Perp caught in the act of a felony and then reports the incident to a police agency.  Things get even more "clear as MUD" when she takes a hand gun brought-in from out of state (NO Jersey papers, often NO papers AT ALL), bought or otherwise acquired legally while a resident of another state, and does the SAME action to preserve her life and that of any offspring!  The former is a felony and the latter is NOT!?  And this is solely based upon the PROVENANCE of said hand gun PRIOR to the action of self-defense.  Can you imagine putting a Wife on trial for defending herself (while on her own property) with her Husband's NJ-registered gun in what would be considered otherwise as a "Righteous Shoot"?  The media would have a field day covering the trial!  Instead, DISCRETION is used (THANK THE LORD)!

Many, many years ago, while studying for my Ham Radio license, it was brought to my attention that civilian use of a Police Radio was a FEDERAL CRIME, punishable by JAIL TIME!  But even the Feds make an EXCEPTION for such common-sense emergencies as a Cop needs assistance (such examples as being fired upon, wounded, run-over, struck, attacked, suffering a heart attack, seizure, etc.).  

In just a few minutes of me typing this, TYRANNY will again strike us in our very souls as Sen. Weinberg holds an emergency hearing to do away with some of the AG's loosening of the definition of "Justifiable Need", because, as she put it, "If this goes thru every Pizza Delivery person will have a Justifiable Need to carry a hand gun".  Poor Loretta has NO idea what goes on in FREE STATES (and we suffer her TYRANNY)!