Pat was one of my favorite instructors.  Not just because of the content of his courses but delivery and correction.  There is no replacing a man like Pat Rogers.  When I saw it in my FB feed this morning, I literally sat dumbstruck for a minute or two.  I was really looking forward to training under his watchful eye this September.  We have lost a true warrior and teacher.

Yes it is.

I feel like an entire library just burned down to the ground and I only had time to read one book. His passing will be felt by everyone in the training community and all freedom loving Americans.

I hope I can be half the man he was and be for one person what he was for me - a mentor, a touchstone, a sounding board, a confidant, a beacon, a friend.

Yes it is.

I feel like an entire library just burned down to the ground and I only had time to read one book. His passing will be felt by everyone in the training community and the all freedom loving Americans.

I hope I can be half the man he was and be for one person what he was for me - a mentor, a touchstone, a sounding board, a confidant, a beacon, a friend.

Would that make you a quarter of a man? I mean, Pat was pretty short.

I was looking forward to finally taking a class with Pat this year, what a travesty. Id certainly be interested to see if EAG continues. I didn't realize he was that old until you posted it the other day HE. I'd read a number of the articles he wrote, he seemed like a real character. :)

I just got back from Pat's funeral. I was honored to be invited and to be included in mourning Pat's passing by his family, friends and pillars of the firearms and training community.

At first I felt out of place with the caliber of folks there - Paul Buffoni, Jeff Cahill, Jeff Gonzales, John Murphy, John Spears, John Chapman, Freddie Blish..... But that quickly subsided as everyone knew that if you were there, Pat saw something in you, and that means they did too - no questions asked.

Saw a few old friends made in Pat's classes. I met a few new friends as well. I met people I had never met face to face but I knew all about them - Pat was a hub and shared everyone's success and failures with the rest of his inner circle. As he drove between venues to teach he would scroll through his contact list and catch everyone up on what everyone else was up to.

Pat, my friend, rest easy, learning has occurred. I will miss you.

Until Valhalla.

• Like 2

I'm at the Pat Rogers Celebration in Alliance Ohio for the weekend.

Just had dinner with a bunch of legit meat eaters. Alliance Ohio will be the safest town in America for the next 48 hours.

Tomorrow is a fun filled day taking classes with Steve Fisher, Jeff Gonzales, Freddie Blish, Ernie Langdon, John Chapman, John Spears, and Matt Jacques. Sunday is a BBQ and Range dedication.

Life is Good my Brothers!

Just for reference, Drew is like 6' 220lbs. Steve Fisher is a very large mammal.

Shooting 1/4 size IPSC steel from 100 offhand from barricades during a block by Steve Fisher:

37AF9640-90F5-4D27-A21C-6ADD7911CB12_zps

I also took a Carbine Combat Marksmanship class with Freddie Blish, a Room Processing and Subject Control class in the Shoothouse with Chappy, and an excellent 2 hour Pistol Class with Ernie Langdon. Ending the day with 100 yard barricade shooting with Fisher at night:

F911FA43-6648-4057-BC40-572EFFD8F7B4_zpsAnything less than 500 lumens was impossible. Less than 1000 lumens was hard

The classroom at Alliance was dedicated to Pat through the generous work and donations of Blue Force Gear:

B44635A9-E67E-43F8-A72D-240AD0B3D65A_zps

F91EE404-8B8E-41A0-83F1-04B8DFD16DCF_zps

52C8A6DB-A65F-401D-94F9-6FB47B39A020_zps

It was an excellent weekend of fellowship, training, and remembrance. Glad I was there.

Oh, Ty, Romper said hey.

It was an excellent weekend of fellowship, training, and remembrance. Glad I was there.

Oh, Ty, Romper said hey.

Romper is good people. I'll see him again in October for an edged weapons class and maybe sooner as he's wanting to check out some gear I have so we might arrange a range day/demo.