JohnnyB

Weinberg trying to stop Chrisie's recent Exec order to A.G.

THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Check your email for the NRA-ILA link to STOP WEINBERG! 

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160504/new-jersey-anti-gun-legislators-move-to-quash-gov-christies-gun-reforms

Thursday Committee Hearing & Monday Full Senate
Session Scheduled With Minimal Notice

Resolution Intentionally Blocks Self-Defense
By Those Facing Serious Threats

Please Immediately Tell Committee Members
and All State Senators to Oppose

Outraged by the promulgation of State Police regulations making a tiny incremental improvement in right to carry recommended by Governor Christie, Senate Democrats led by Senator Loretta Weinberg (D-37) are fast-tracking SCR101, a legal trick that could kill the new regulations before they are even formally adopted.

Only in the Garden State do lawmakers openly block self-defense by those facing serious threats and tout it as a good thing. And only in the New Jersey does the state constitution contain an obscure provision allowing the legislature to unilaterally kill regulations issued by an entirely separate branch of government in a simple "resolution" that does not require the Governor's signature to be effective.

Police owe no duty to protect individual citizens - a troubling doctrine repeatedly affirmed by the U.S. Supreme Court. That means you're on your own in an emergency, yet those who wish to take responsibility for their own safety are effectively blocked from doing so by New Jersey's absurdly (and unconstitutionally) restrictive carry law.

The pending state police regulations recommended by Governor Christie represent a small incremental improvement, allowing those facing "serious threats" to qualify. Anti-gun legislators, who themselves enjoy the armed protection of State House security details, hypocritically are working to block everyone else's self-defense rights. SCR101 would be more aptly named the Citizen's Victimization Act.

SCR101 is scheduled for consideration in the full Senate on Monday, May 9, following consideration in the Senate Government, Wagering, Tourism & Historic Preservation Committee tomorrow (Thursday, May 5).

Please immediately tell all State Senators and all Committee members (listed below) to vote NO on SCR101. Tell them to support the right of those facing serious threats to protect themselves where government has abandoned its obligation to do so.

MEMBERS OF THE SENATE GOVERNMENT, WAGERING, TOURISM & HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMITTEE:

Senator Jim Whelan, Chairman (D-2)
[email protected]
(609) 383-1388 - Phone

Senator Shirley Turner, Vice Chair (D-15)
[email protected]
(609) 323-7239 - Phone

Senator Steve Oroho (R-24)
[email protected]
(973) 300-0200 - Phone

Senator Sam Thompson (R-12)
[email protected]
(732) 607-7580 - Phone

<Click here for the online version of this alert>

The Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs

is the official NRA state affiliate in the Garden State

What the heck does "MEMBERS OF THE SENATE GOVERNMENT, WAGERING, TOURISM & HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMITTEE" have to do with gun law.

This is a trick! Weinberg found a way through some obscure NJ law that gives this committee the power to over ride Christie's Executive Order! 

• Like 1

I am so not impressed with NJ legislators. I wrote an email this morning to urge voting down that attack on Christie's executive order and here is one of the "replies" I got back:

Your message

To: Whelan, Sen. D.O.
Subject: Please Vote against SCR101
Sent: Thursday, May 5, 2016 7:30:47 AM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

was deleted without being read on Thursday, May 5, 2016 10:51:22 AM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).

I am so not impressed with NJ legislators. I wrote an email this morning to urge voting down that attack on Christie's executive order and here is one of the "replies" I got back:

Your message

To: Whelan, Sen. D.O.

Subject: Please Vote against SCR101

Sent: Thursday, May 5, 2016 7:30:47 AM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

was deleted without being read on Thursday, May 5, 2016 10:51:22 AM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).

Incredible! OK people,this is what happens when people don't vote...

No it looks like it only addresses justifiable need as they don't consider "serious threats" sufficient!

So we can apparently still stop at the bathroom. I can't imagine what the free states think of NJ.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2016/Bills/SCR/101_I1.PDF

probably the same as what we think of it. joke

this bill will pass just like every other anti-gun legislation.. We might have a chance at supreme court to rule this unconstitutional as they actually stated only whom qualifies for carry permits. We as the gun owners of NJ need to unite and sue these @#$%%^&*(.. im sure NJ 2nd amendment is thought of some of this but always comes back to finances.. 

I copied and pasted from file

"The limited exceptions to the carry permit requirement: members of the armed forces, federal law enforcement  State Police officers, members of municipal and county police departments, sheriff’s officers, and corrections officers at all times; railway police, park rangers, and campus police while  in the actual performance of their duties; certain security personnel in the official performance of their duties; retired law enforcement officers, and employees of armored car companies"

One thing Weinberg did with this bill is to put in writing that the PRNJ is SHALL NOT ISSUE! Once and for all!

The NRA should take the text of that bill and let the rest of the country see! 

IF the next SCOTUS Justice is NOT a Hillary appointment. We might just have a chance there.

I would not really trust this case to SCOTUS in it's present condition, without Scalia!

Did I mention THIS STATE SUCKS?

Can Christie challenge this bill by veto or some other way?

Call the Governor's office tomorrow, please!

What an absolute crock of horse sh*t. Just further proves she wants NO ONE to have firearms... there are plenty of things for her to knit pick at (not saying I hope she does), but she chooses this. Something that would legitimately help someone who needs it. The tiniest step in the right direction for this ass backwards state. Glad my family isn't important enough to be adequately protected in public in her eyes.

What's also hilariously, ironically, horrifyingly sad is that on the Facebook group, people were saying they could somehow see that the politicians they were emailing were deleting their messages without ever opening them. These people seem to forget, they work to represent US. Not to push their own political beliefs with their political position. Sh*t's sad.

Folks the only hope that we have is to elect Donald Trump as president. The supreme court will have many vacancies in the next few years. Only then we will have a pro-2nd amendment Supreme Court that can overturn some of NJ draconian gun control laws. NJ gun laws need to be challenged and with the current make up of Weinberg comrades Bryer, Ginsberg, Kagen, & Sotomoyer this is not possible yet.

• Like 1

How do 4 people using the ruse of some kangaroo committee have the power to make or break this?  Shouldn't "we the people" get to vote on it?

It made it past this stupid, unrelated committee. The full Assembly and Senate have to pass it or not.

I have not heard if that has happened or is scheduled to happen.

Anyone hear any news on this one?

I'm not certain... but this seems to be the latest status on 101 - along with a couple of other gun-related proposals - all being heard June 2nd!  

http://www.ammoland.com/2016/05/new-jersey-anti-gun-legislation-heard-house-committee-help-needed/#axzz4A4Idybkg

Has links in there to send off letters, if there are letter writers among you.

Still struggling (personally) to make heads or tails of this proposed new legislation... but the link below (latest NRA-ILA "alert") shows that more stuff is happening this week re: justifiable need - apparently now joined by some companion bills...? Might make more sense to those of you who've been following these issues longer than me.

Here's the link: https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=264

Still struggling (personally) to make heads or tails of this proposed new legislation... but the link below (latest NRA-ILA "alert") shows that more stuff is happening this week re: justifiable need - apparently now joined by some companion bills...? Might make more sense to those of you who've been following these issues longer than me.

Here's the link: https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=264

Seems interesting... anyone think it could actually stay in place and be easier for citizens to get CCW?