Sign in to follow this  
jerseyjon

Auction Purchase

So I just won a bid in an online auction for a JC Higgins model 50. This is a bolt action 270 rifle.

Of course I read the fine print after winning and the auction house says no firearm shipments to NJ.

I have purchased more than a few guns from online auctions and have never had an issue in taking ownership through my FFL.

I have sent an email to the auction house asking how the want to proceed.

If anyone is interested I will provide an updated.

Jonathan

Just contact them and basically say nicely. Ok i see you dont ship to nj. This is going to a nj ffl. There are no laws making this firearm illegal in nj. So ship it. Its best to do by phone. Ive had a few gunbroker sales where they said no to nj. Then explaining it to them they then understand and send it. Help them understand their ignorance. Its a win win.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. I'm in Lambertville so PA is just a hop across the river. I Will use a Pennsylvania FFL if I have to. I've never run into a blanket statement saying they won't sell any guns to New Jersey. Since everything has to go through an FFL it shouldn't be an issue on their end even if the gun had some thing that made it problematic here. The FFL you're picking it up from won't release it.

I will provide an update when I talk to the auction house next week again thanks for all the feedback .

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. I'm in Lambertville so PA is just a hop across the river. I Will use a Pennsylvania FFL if I have to. I've never run into a blanket statement saying they won't sell any guns to New Jersey. Since everything has to go through an FFL it shouldn't be an issue on their end even if the gun had some thing that made it problematic here. The FFL you're picking it up from won't release it.

I will provide an update when I talk to the auction house next week again thanks for all the feedback .

Try Bill`s Gun Shop. I ve done a transfer with him. Same reason as you. Wouldnt ship to NJ. This was a couple yrs ago. They re across the river in Pipersville. 

OK. Issue resolved. Guess I expected the worse. Talked to the guy who does the shipping for the auction house. Real easy going. Drives a truck during the week, FFL on the side. He said no problem shipping that gun to NJ. Also found an FFL in PA that would have excepted the transfer. I had just dropped off a Winchester 1890 to him for repair. Also an easy going guy.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.