MLArmory

Update on FID and P2P Cards

After around 10 months of total waiting time, I HAVE RECEIVED MY PERMITS!!!!  Let this be a lesson in persistence for anyone disheartened by their non-issuance of FIDs or P2Ps.  For the past two months I have contacted the NJAG, ALL of our ® Senators, and the majority of the pro-2A organizations in NJ.  Not sure which or what combination of them are responsible for greasing the wheels, but if I had not pressed the issue to this degree I doubt I would have my permits today.

• Like 1

... Not sure which or what combination of them are responsible for greasing the wheels, but if I had not pressed the issue to this degree I doubt I would have my permits today.

You are the one responsible for getting it done. Congrats.

That sucks big time that it took that long.  You really should write an article for a newspaper to make this more public.  Better be sure to use them quickly, as it sounds like you may likely have trouble getting them extended where you are.

What happened to 30 days?

The courts ruled that the intent of the law was not designed to give permits to people that did not meet qualifications.  Thus, they have decided that the 30 day clock does not start when you turn in your application, it only starts once all information is in the hands of the issuing authority.  Thus, they should be able to complete it in 1 day once they have everything, but they let them have 30 days.  This is NJ where your legal rights go to die.

So why are we celebrating 10 months?  There's no way it took 9 months to get all the information.  So how long did it take the town?  

Hint:  way more than 30 days after receiving all the information.  

How about adding tracking numbers to the permits?  Florida has this for their CCW applications.  When you file they give you a number.  You go to freshfromflorida.com and can click, status of my CWP application.  Guess what?  It gives it to tell you where it is in the process.  

So why are we celebrating 10 months?  There's no way it took 9 months to get all the information.  So how long did it take the town?  

Hint:  way more than 30 days after receiving all the information.  

How about adding tracking numbers to the permits?  Florida has this for their CCW applications.  When you file they give you a number.  You go to freshfromflorida.com and can click, status of my CWP application.  Guess what?  It gives it to tell you where it is in the process.  

If your going to say we need to be like other states why not just ask for it to be like America where all you need is your driver license and can buy a pistol in ten minutes when ever you want and as many as you want? 

If your going to say we need to be like other states why not just ask for it to be like America where all you need is your driver license and can buy a pistol in ten minutes when ever you want and as many as you want?

No but if the PD has 30 days from receiving all the information you can manually track it yourself. The criminal background check is instant on the website. If your po-po still uses the form it only takes a few days. You can call the state police can get the status of criminal background check regardless of format you choose. The mental health check and chased down as well. You can help move your items along and then put the squeeze on the local PD. My point is who believes it really takes this long to get the data that it takes 10 months to get this shit done?

To think NJ would do it like other states is purely crazy. Even NY is easier as I watched the process when I was at Davis Sportshop. Forget trying to be like PA, TX or AZ but geez how about CT or NY?

Glad you got them.

I prefer Virginia's process for CCW. If they don't respond in 45 days, your application becomes your carry permit. Until they issue one, have reason to deny it, or 5 months have passed. Not sure what happens at 5 months.

After around 10 months of total waiting time, I HAVE RECEIVED MY PERMITS!!!!  Let this be a lesson in persistence for anyone disheartened by their non-issuance of FIDs or P2Ps.  For the past two months I have contacted the NJAG, ALL of our ® Senators, and the majority of the pro-2A organizations in NJ.  Not sure which or what combination of them are responsible for greasing the wheels, but if I had not pressed the issue to this degree I doubt I would have my permits today.

I'm curious: how many of the individuals you got in touch with actually responded. I'm not talking about an automated "Thanks Sucker" email.

I'm curious: how many of the individuals you got in touch with actually responded. I'm not talking about an automated "Thanks Sucker" email.

I contacted our congressmen, they sent me a personalized response that basically said they could not do anything....

I contacted Senator Dawn Marie Addiego, Assemblyman Joe Howarth Assemblywoman Maria Rodriguez-Gregg.  They were extremely helpful and put me in contact with their assistant.  She asked me very intricate details and questions, and I laid the entire situation out for them.

I contacted the New Jersey Attorney General's office with a certified letter.  When I called to check on the status, THEY TOLD ME THEY FORWARDED THE COMPLAINT TO THE NJSP!!  Like hello?  I'm contacting you because no one in the NJSP will get back to me, and they are rude, and they deflect questions and send me on wild goose chases because they don't care.  So I asked to speak to the manager in the NJAG office, and I explained to her what I just said. She then told me she would personally contact them and I would have a response within the week.  She apparently did follow through.

Every single person I contacted within the NJSP was not very helpful, minus an officer at my local barracks.  Trying to get in contact with the Firearms Investigation Unit was an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE.  The receptionist was extremely rude and would get very butthurt with me on the phone because she was sick of me calling.  The line she would kick me over to was NEVER ANSWERED, multiple emails left, no responses.  When I finally got through to a detective he was also very short and rude, and refused to help me because he apparently thought I was a scumbag for being mentioned in police reports from when I was in high school.  He questioned me about them like I was nothing less than a criminal.  When we were done, I asked if he would let me know and he basically gave me a response that translated to, "go fuck yourself, we are busy".  I contacted higher ranking officers within the Firearems Investigation Unit.  None returned my calls. 

My local barracks helped me by giving me contact information of higher ranking officers within FIU.  Besides that they had the attitude that I should just wait, because everyone else is waiting.  The Sergeant told me he would contact FIU, I suspect he never did. 

I contacted many gun rights organizations within NJ.  Many did not get back to me,  I have been in contact with NJ2AS.

That sucks big time that it took that long.  You really should write an article for a newspaper to make this more public.  Better be sure to use them quickly, as it sounds like you may likely have trouble getting them extended where you are.

President of NJ2AS reached out to me.  They have been in contact with a reporter that wants to do an article on what we have all been experiencing.  He said that my case is a perfect example of the injustices we have been facing, and that he will put the reporter in contact with me.  I plan to follow through for the good of the cause, and in hopes it will help us all out collectively.

• Like 1

I contacted our congressmen, they sent me a personalized response that basically said they could not do anything....

President of NJ2AS reached out to me.  They have been in contact with a reporter that wants to do an article on what we have all been experiencing.  He said that my case is a perfect example of the injustices we have been facing, and that he will put the reporter in contact with me.  I plan to follow through for the good of the cause, and in hopes it will help us all out collectively.

You're a better man than I am. I got in touch with about a dozen "entities" regarding a hare-brained idea I had before the last assembly election. Some were government, some party, some organizations, some commercial. A couple even out of state. I received exactly one response, which told me to go elsewhere.

• Like 1