SmittyMHS

FID not taken as legal ID-FYI

I just went to the DMV to renew my drivers license. I was informed that my firearms ID card would not be taken as official ID  for their 4 point requirement because my drivers license says I'm the "3rd" and the FID does not. Okay so I go to my Township to get the ID changed, no problem. But the officer informed me that this is a new ploy to slow things down. You must have exactly what your driver's license says not just an initial. If that's what you put down it's okay but if it's Jay and not the letter J they won't accept it. He also said that they are going to crack down on the P2P. Things they use to give a pass to they wont anymore. Just information for those getting new IDs.  Be careful what you write down on both your license and your ID card. The form for the ID does not have a spot to put "3rd".

Just one more thing....drip, drip, drip

^So you talked to Hanlon today too?  I'm going to see him on Wednesday lol - they put an "e" instead of an "a" in the middle of my last name so hes going to type it up correctly and get the chief to sign and should have the fixed card in a day or two he said

^So you talked to Hanlon today too?  I'm going to see him on Wednesday lol - they put an "e" instead of an "a" in the middle of my last name so hes going to type it up correctly and get the chief to sign and should have the fixed card in a day or two he said

Yeah...He said my revise should be ready by Friday. 

• Like 1

Six days ago I renewed my driver's license at the Oakland DMV.  My DL has my middle initial; my FID has my full middle name.   I also threw into the mix my pilot certificate showing my old address which was in a different county entirely (the FAA doesn't care, as long as they have your current address in their records).

The clerk glanced at everything, then waved me right through.   I left with my new license.

I suspect the various DMV locations are staffed with people with varying levels of understanding and interest...much like the various PD's we have to deal with.

Six days ago I renewed my driver's license at the Oakland DMV.  My DL has my middle initial; my FID has my full middle name.   I also threw into the mix my pilot certificate showing my old address which was in a different county entirely (the FAA doesn't care, as long as they have your current address in their records).

The clerk glanced at everything, then waved me right through.   I left with my new license.

I suspect the various DMV locations are staffed with people with varying levels of understanding and interest...much like the various PD's we have to deal with.

Sounds about right...lol

I have few permits in process...have they slowed down the process. I used to get permits in 2-3 weeks now I'm going on 7 weeks????

I'll let you know as I'm dropping applications off for permits on Wednesday after work how many weeks it takes for me - The closer we are getting to this election and the months after I fear the longer the wait time will be

What happens if your pd mistakenly puts your weight at 180? Lol. I had a chuckle at that one

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

^^I chuckled at this one too - some of us over the years jeez we'd be changing our weight every few years on our ID's and DL's lol

I used mine last week in Newark. The lady said, hm, don't see these around here very often...

Impossible!! There are lots of guns in Newark; surely all of the good citizens possessing them have FIDs

Going back to the OPs problem, it's not that FIDs aren't accepted by the DMV-they are, as long as the name matches precisely with the name on the DL. If they don't match precisely, some DMV locations won't accept it.

I'll let you know as I'm dropping applications off for permits on Wednesday after work how many weeks it takes for me - The closer we are getting to this election and the months after I fear the longer the wait time will be

Yeah, unfortunately. Im going to apply for 2 P2Ps and pick up 2 handguns that way if they change anything maybe ill be exempt. If things get worse here ill probably leave and just drive longer.. :/

I was just looking at the point thing for ID as I too need to go in for a new license in-person soon.  I found it very interesting they accept your FID card but DO NOT accept your NJ concealed carry permit.  I guess they don't want to waste the ink printing about that one since they know they don't really exist.