Sign in to follow this  
2AJoe

Handgun Permit

Hey all, forgive me if this topic is a dead horse. I looked and couldn't find anything that would've answered my concerns here.

I have one permit left that expires in July. Do/should I wait until I use the last permit before applying for additional? It took over 4 1/2 months for my FID and 3 permits that I ordered simultaneously.

Can someone explain why I would need another mental health check outside of this state, since it was already done during my initial FID application? I can understand checking here in NJ. But, the previous addresses were already checked. 

Thanks for your time and replies.

- Joe R. 

if you think you want more permits apply today. as for why NJ does things, don't try to apply any logic

I was just concerned setting any red flags. This is not one of those gun-loving states. I will drop it off tomorrow.

I was just concerned setting any red flags. This is not one of those gun-loving states. I will drop it off tomorrow.

Nothing to worry about, just go and apply for more permits if you want.  I have applied for more when I went in to pick up my first batch.  With a 5 month wait I was still a few months between batches!

You can apply for a thousand permits at a time if you want.  Fill out the multiple purchase exemption form and buy as many as you want.  Who cares if it throws up red flags.  NJ is the way it is because everyone is afraid of upsetting someone in power.   You never see people this scared on the gun forums of any other states. 

WE ARE WIMPS

and we deserve the laws we have.  We'd be better off if we had the stones to remind those who make the rules that they all work for us instead of cowering to them in fear.

I hate that we'll never win because we're afraid to fight.

• Like 1

I love my town. Put in for extension, have it back a day or two later. Also, never "worry" about putting in for new permits. According to NJ that is your right regardless of how stupid it is that you even have to "ask". Put in one a week if you want. Only bad thing is the money it'll cost your for the background check and the $2 each permit. 

I love my town. Put in for extension, have it back a day or two later. Also, never "worry" about putting in for new permits. According to NJ that is your right regardless of how stupid it is that you even have to "ask". Put in one a week if you want. Only bad thing is the money it'll cost your for the background check and the $2 each permit. 

The other "bad thing" is that it's a violation of a civil right important enough to be enumerated in the Bill of Rights as #2 on the list.   But other than that, your town sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

And that is why NJ will never be any different.  Everyone is comfy with the way it is now.  Especially if you live in a nice town that only charges you a fee, fingerprints you, makes you fill out permits, and checks your criminal background and mental health background every time you want to exercise the "keep" half of that civil right and won't ever let you exercise the "bear" half.  It is nice that they do all of that for us so efficiently.  I feel comfy just thinking about it.

• Like 1

The other "bad thing" is that it's a violation of a civil right important enough to be enumerated in the Bill of Rights as #2 on the list.   But other than that, your town sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

And that is why NJ will never be any different.  Everyone is comfy with the way it is now.  Especially if you live in a nice town that only charges you a fee, fingerprints you, makes you fill out permits, and checks your criminal background and mental health background every time you want to exercise the "keep" half of that civil right and won't ever let you exercise the "bear" half.  It is nice that they do all of that for us so efficiently.  I feel comfy just thinking about it.

And that is why NJ will never be any different.

The part that sucks most is "we" voted for the people who keep sticking it to us like this.  

Of course, it's not as if we had much  of a better choice of who to choose from, nor anyone who could be counted on to tell us the real truth about what they would do.

I haven't been able to vote FOR a politician since Ross Perot. It's been who I end up voting AGAINST. 

And that is why NJ will never be any different.