Purple Patrick

New hexmag 15 rounders

Haven't seen anyone talk about these yet. New patented mag blocking system that doesn't require "permanent" blocking. They claim the only way to revert back to 30 is with a tool that only they have. How are there normal mags? I might stock up on a few of these

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/05/16/hexmag-granted-patent-on-standard-capacity-magazine-true-riser-system/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I didn't see anything about a tool, I though they were "permanent" because they have a shorter spring so if you took out the capacity-reducer-thingy they wouldn't feed any more. Theoretically that would be a bonus since if you moved to America you could just get a full-capacity replacement spring.

But I've been wrong before.

Sooooo yes?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes to what?

Legal to possess in NJ.

No tool needed.

Readily available.

Functions well.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

FYI, had one of these spontaneously fail while sitting inside the safe.  Was loaded with 14 rounds and the case split on the back spine (strangely not along the seam/join).

EYh2sXu.jpg

Went to grab it from the safe and it vomited all the rounds onto the floor.

Told hexmag, they sent a new shell immediately.  Hasn't repeated with any of the other 4 I've had yet.

I have a few std 15rd hexmags. They feel cheapy to me, compared to the 10rd pmags i have, but thats probably because of them being half empty when 'full', versus the pmags being compact and therefore much more rigid. I'd imagine the 30rd pmags feel the same. As far as functionality, no problems as of yet. Heard of some issues with them here and there on older mags but word is they are quick to fix things when they go bad. A brand that backs their product has my backing :triniti:

FYI, had one of these spontaneously fail while sitting inside the safe. Was loaded with 14 rounds and the case split on the back spine (strangely not along the seam/join).

EYh2sXu.jpg

Went to grab it from the safe and it vomited all the rounds onto the floor.

Told hexmag, they sent a new shell immediately. Hasn't repeated with any of the other 4 I've had yet.

I've heard they can do that after dropping them once or twice on concrete. Hopefully they figured it out.

I've heard they can do that after dropping them once or twice on concrete. Hopefully they figured it out.

The trick is to NOT DROP ANY MAG on concrete.

• Like 1

The trick is to NOT DROP ANY MAG on concrete.

I shoot IDPA in an indoor range and drop mags on the concrete floor all the time. Dropping loaded mags, with the extra weight of the rounds I can see as a bad thing, but empty they should be built to handle it, in my opinion.

I had a Hexmag shit the bed yesterday at the range. 14 rounds went in fine, but the 15th needed a little extra push. When I finally got that last round in, it swelled the magazine's width to the point it wouldn't fit into the magwell. I took it apart and cleaned it, and still the same. Still able to use it with 14 rounds, but what's the fun in that?

On the plus side, I got to run some new Mission First Tactical mags and they didn't give me any issue at all. I think I'll pick up a few more of those. I just wish they could come apart for cleaning...damn New Jersey.

5 minutes ago, bhunted said:

Load on open bolt or download by a round.

It’s not a fault. Just tight tolerance so it cannot be loaded past 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was loading the mag with the bolt open. Also, I had shot 3 or 4 full magazines with it yesterday before it starting doing this. The other Hexmag I had with me at the range was fine. Today, I tried loading it to 15 with 3 brands of ammo, and the same issue. 

I was loading the mag with the bolt open. Also, I had shot 3 or 4 full magazines with it yesterday before it starting doing this. The other Hexmag I had with me at the range was fine. Today, I tried loading it to 15 with 3 brands of ammo, and the same issue. 

Send it back for an exchange. I have quite a few and no issues. Maybe just a bad one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Persona non grata said:

Check the back of the mag. It has probably started to crack at the seam in the mold in the back. I have a bunch of GEN 1 hex mags and so far 3 have failed in the same way after a decent amount of use. Gotta try and warranty them sometime. 

• Like 1

I think I paid $11 each or something like that for my Hexmags. When you consider shipping, I’m not sure if it’s even worth sending in for warranty for one finicky mag. I’ll probably continue to use them at the range, so if the others start giving me issues I’ll send them in. I’m hoping it’s just this one though.