Sign in to follow this  
AR Jerz

Best Bang for Buck

Just an update - Got my GSSF package on Saturday with coupon, membership card, GSSF magazine and Glock 2016 buyers guide, and they even threw in the 1-pistol range bag from the Glock store, not bad for $30/year!  - So just about 10 days after I sent in the application to GSSF recd at my door. 

Time to go Blue Label shopping :)

• Like 1

Time to go Blue Label shopping :)

Happy shopping! Blue Labels are out there, but not in great abundance, and if you are looking for a specific model, sometimes it is hard to connect. Glock designates the Blue Label guns before they ship (I really wish they wouldn't) so your LGS may have several copies of the gun you want, but not be able to sell you one at the Blue Label price. And for popular models, it could be many months before one shows up. So you may need to be persistent in your searching, and it helps to have more than one model in mind.

Also, if the factory mag capacity is over 15, some NJ dealers order guns with factory 10 round mags instead, others will pin the higher capacity mags to 15 and bump up the price a bit to cover the work.

Happy shopping! Blue Labels are out there, but not in great abundance, and if you are looking for a specific model, sometimes it is hard to connect. Glock designates the Blue Label guns before they ship (I really wish they wouldn't) so your LGS may have several copies of the gun you want, but not be able to sell you one at the Blue Label price. And for popular models, it could be many months before one shows up. So you may need to be persistent in your searching, and it helps to have more than one model in mind.

Also, if the factory mag capacity is over 15, some NJ dealers order guns with factory 10 round mags instead, others will pin the higher capacity mags to 15 and bump up the price a bit to cover the work.

I am finding this out, and I agree I wish they wouldn't - I was always under the impression when new to Glocks that the Blue Label pricing was just discounted for qualified people, i.e. if a shop had a G30 Gen4 it could be sold at retail or Blue Label pricing if you qualified, not that it was an actual separate firearm that is designated by Glock and if your LGS doesn't have any (and I'm sure they don't make as much $$ on them) then you are SOL until they come in stock

I emailed HG and they are great with quick responses but couldn't tell me their current Blue Label inventory on hand at their locations, and said that they would have to order what I wanted if the Blue Label version wasn't in stock, and I appreciate the time frame but they told me it could be 10 days or it could be up to 2-3 months (who has time for that lol) - I am looking for a 19 or 26 right now (probably 19 first, and might pay regular pricing for a 26 in a couple months as they are harder to come by Blue Label - Also in the market for 30 Gen 4, but I want to get my 9mm's first.

As per their website rtsp has 3 g19 gen4 in stock

I will most likely be visiting RTSP this weekend for a BL G19 - I'll call HG to see if they have a BL G26 and BL G19 (I'd like to compare both in person as it would probably be a CCW when I'm down in NC, but I'll be honest I'll probably own both in the next 6 months) but RTSP has the live inventory on the site so pretty easy to see before I make the trip.

Still waiting on my permits to arrive (I'm currently just under 4 weeks) but I have my FPID and my GSSF so that should be enough to make my purchase.

Thanks for all the help guys!

RTSP has the live inventory on the site so pretty easy to see before I make the trip

You might still want to call. Their Blue Label page is NOT kept up to date, at least for the more popular models that sell quickly.

• Like 1

Not sure why heritage wouldn't tell you what they have, they are for the most part pretty good people. Call each individual store.. Some of the older guys arent the greatest, but some of them there are fantastic. Went to Easton for a bolt gun and walked out with a bolt gun and a bow for my fiance because they were great there. The bow tech knew she had no intention of buying anything and still completely set up the bow for her so she can shoot it while i was playing with guns, haha. Came back the next week and bought her a complete rig.

Does she use it? Not really, but she and i both have bows now on top of firearms. Maybe i'll be the next Daryl Dixon.

• Like 1

You might still want to call. Their Blue Label page is NOT kept up to date, at least for the more popular models that sell quickly.

^^Will do for sure before I make the 30 minute trip - I'll also call Heritage and see what they have in inventory - will keep you guys posted

100% on the GSSF recommendatiuon for Blue Label pricing, but be aware that dealers set their own prices.  At RTSP I got a blue label at the published price, while at HG it was $15 above published blue label for another model.   So, ask about pricing rather than assume all blue labels are the same.

My $.02

• Like 1

100% on the GSSF recommendatiuon for Blue Label pricing, but be aware that dealers set their own prices.  At RTSP I got a blue label at the published price, while at HG it was $15 above published blue label for another model.   So, ask about pricing rather than assume all blue labels are the same.

My $.02

^^Thanks!  Now I will ask HG when I call not only their in stock inventory but also pricing - RTSP follows Blue Label pricing which is nice.

Well I called Heritage today and the 19 and 26 would have to be ordered - I may just get the 19 from RTSP in stock and grab a 26 at a later date - from what HG says if they special order a blue label it takes about a month or two - I don't feel like waiting that long LOL

I spoke to Becca @ RTSP as well first about my BL purchase, and I know that the owner is on here, so I'd like to show my appreciation and give a forum member the business.

Won't have my FL permit for a few months at least and I'm most likely moving to NC under 12 months from now - any carrying opportunity down south in the coming months can be taken care of for time being with my 605 wheelgun.

Thanks to Becca @ RTSP (she is awesome!!!!) I got the last BL Gen4 19 in stock! - paid for over the phone and should be picking up soon (hoping my permits come in today or tomorrow) - thanks to all who helped me out in this thread and with the great GSSF info - I can't make the Jersey match but definitely want to go to one of their events soon, even just as a helper to the staff to see how the matches run.

• Like 1

Thanks to Becca @ RTSP (she is awesome!!!!) I got the last BL Gen4 19 in stock! - paid for over the phone and should be picking up soon (hoping my permits come in today or tomorrow) - thanks to all who helped me out in this thread and with the great GSSF info - I can't make the Jersey match but definitely want to go to one of their events soon, even just as a helper to the staff to see how the matches run.

There is also a PA match that is relatively close

Well I picked up yesterday - went in Wed night and gentleman who helped me was like - did you still want a 26?? We have 1 Blue Label and I never see them and they are back ordered.

I said what would you do, I set my heart on the 19 but I'll probably end up with both within the next couple months anyway - he was like if you can get a Blue Label 26 do it - they are so rare to see in stock without special ordering. So I did, and here she is. Thanks to the awesome staff at RTSP and Miko who helped me - I give them a lot of credit it's been probably a ZOO this week with AR frenzy lol.

post-8594-0-77639900-1466177963_thumb.jpg