Sign in to follow this  
Jah

Sig P226 MK25 sights

Hey all, new here from Ocean County.

I just recently bought an Mk25. Love it.

I'm shooting low to the left at 10 yards. I read somewhere that the sights for 9mm Sigs are 8/8.

If I'm not mistaken, is this a 6? This is my rear sight. Front is an 8. fc00816f320f76166578395a024199db.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jah, depentant on the caliber of the weapon in question sig normally does set up the sights as follows.

9mm & .357 SIG: #8 front / #8 rear

.40 S&W & .45 ACP: #6 front / #8 rear.

This is a rule of thumb for the p series guns. I checked a bunch of mine both p series and 1911's /938,s and they all fell within this formula. Possibly a mix up from the factory if this is a new out of box gun.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Just got off the phone with Sig.

I asked what they ship their MK25's with.

I gave him my serial number. He says they ship with 8fronts, 6rear. I didn't tell them what I had.

Anyone else with a MK25 have this too?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

For rear sights, the higher the number, the taller the sight. For front sights, the higher the number, the shorter the sight. This can be confusing to remember.
The easiest way to think of it is, numbers up, groups up; numbers down, groups down. This is true for both front and rear sights. Each number change on the rear sight will affect POI 2" per 25 yds. Each number change on the front sight will affect POI 1" per 25 yds.

Keep in mind bullet weight affects POI - if the sights were regulated with 147 gr bullets it will shoot below POA with 115 gr bullets.

Make sure that you let someone else shoot it just to confirm your low/left POI before you start changing things around.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 2

Mine is 6R/8F.

I think your low and left shooting is more of a grip/pressure issue. The MK25 has thick grip panels, I found myself pushing right at first ( I am lefty) when I was holding the gun to tightly. When I loosen my grip, try to maintain pressure on the front strap and back strap only my POI matched my POA. I liked the panels, but the thickness did affect me, I have med/large hands so I went ahead and swap the grip panels for an E2 grip recently. Need to go check how that shoots soon.

Also, Is this your first DA/SA pistol? Are your results with DA or SA shots? DA... make sure trigger is coming straight back and not putting pressure on right side of trigger.

I practiced for hours with a empty shell case or a quarter balance right behind the front sight sight, and worked the DA trigger to get the correct pressure and muscle memory.  I can get to 25 pulls before a quarter falls off. 8 with a spent case which is much lighter.

Sooo I’ve got a 6r 6f after talking to sig about my 229 stainless elite. For me to be on, within my proficiency. Combat hold, front sight is up. Got a little run around from cs. The guy initially guessed an 8 rear. Taller. Which would make sense with what I’m doin. I use normal sight picture with MrsZ beretta and gl:bad:ck. Same proficiency on my end.

Sooo I think I need an 8 rear( taller) . Here’s the rub, if I send it back, and they deem it accurate they start charging..

im going to have someone better try it first. To double ck.

but what’s cheaper, buying an 8 or sending it back and gambling?