T Bill

Freedom Munitions New 45ACP 230RN Special @ Gearhog.com

Got this email today:

Hello,

Most of you have already been contacted but you ordered the Freedom Munitions ammo deal through GEARHOG and your shipping information fell outside of the Freedom Munitions requirements. They have asked us to cancel and refund your orders. You should see the amount back on your credit cards in 2 – 3 business days. We thank you for your business but unforutantly there is nothing we can do since Freedom Munitions cannot ship to your address.

We apologize for the delay as Freedom Munitions just got back to us with this information after going through all the orders.

Thanks,

Darcy

I just got this email from Gearhog... 

Hello,

Most of you have already been contacted but you ordered the Freedom Munitions ammo deal through GEARHOG and your shipping information fell outside of the Freedom Munitions requirements. They have asked us to cancel and refund your orders. You should see the amount back on your credit cards in 2 – 3 business days. We thank you for your business but unforutantly there is nothing we can do since Freedom Munitions cannot ship to your address.

We apologize for the delay as Freedom Munitions just got back to us with this information after going through all the orders.

Thanks,

Darcy

I received the same response.  I asked her what she meant by "cannot ship to your address/"

Here's what I sent to "Darcy"

Darcy,

Can you please explain why Freedom Munitions cannot ship to my address?  I’ve ordered from them in the past and had no problem. 

I’ve cc’d Freedom Munitions on this email.  If Freedom Munitions refuses to honor the offer it will be the last time I purchase from them or Gearhog.

Here's what I sent to "Darcy"

Darcy,

Can you please explain why Freedom Munitions cannot ship to my address?  I’ve ordered from them in the past and had no problem. 

I’ve cc’d Freedom Munitions on this email.  If Freedom Munitions refuses to honor the offer it will be the last time I purchase from them or Gearhog.

And here is what I got back from Freedom:

We apologize for all of the confusion. If you want to reorder through our site I will honor the price for you. Just put the items in your cart and call 208-746-3668 or email me and I will make sure you are taken care of.

Thank you

Brenda Anderson

Customer Service Representative

Howell Munitions & Technology, Inc. | Freedom Munitions | X-Treme Bullets

815 D st. Lewiston, Id. 83501

Phone: (208)748-1492

Email:  [email protected]

I've done that, Brenda honored the price and all is good.  Very friendly.  The customer service here from Freedom was excellent.  Gearhog?  Not so great...

I just got this email from Gearhog... 

Hello,

Thanks,

Darcy

I bet either Freedom or Gearhog realized the price was too low, and instead of honoring it, they are cancelling orders.

Update to my previous post.

As most of us in the PRNJ have experienced regarding the Gearhog special, our FID information never transferred over to the latest updated Freedom Munitons website a few months ago. This would be for those who have purchased from Freedom Munitions previously.

Gearhog decided to punt as much of us unfortunately found out this week. It was not an issue at all from Freedom Munitions.

After several emails to Darcy the robot CSR at Gearhog who has responded back to me three times each time with the same response but with a different Dear ........, I like most people have disputed the credit card charge. They appear to have no human being to talk to via phone nor email.

Mrs Anderson at Freedom Munitions is the contact for those who still want to receive the 45ACP deal.

This was a legitimate special between Freedom and Gearhog. It appears to be the last time Freedom will use Gearhog. They had agreed to post another caliber this weekend but have pulled the contract with Gearhog.

I personally will continue to use Freedom as in years past for their standup customer service and for honoring the agreed upon special.

Thanks Freedom Munitions and Mrs. Anderson.

I called Freedom up and straightened it out.  They had me re-order and honored the price.  It appears that the problem was that their system cancelled the orders because they didn't have our FID's.  We should see a credit from GearHog.

So if you still want the ammo, call them up.  They'll have you re-order and re-upload your FID.

Freedom did not honor price and Gearhog failed to credit my account. Called my bank and disputed the charge which was taken care by my bank within days.

FM was not helpful at all and flat-out blamed Gearhog. They canceled another online order without even notifying me, blaming my CC did not go thru. I am pretty much done with them.

I've been a FM fanboi for a while, but this latest round of shenanigans (including the horrid website revamp) has made me question my loyalty.

I don't get the GearHog thing either. Why not just offer the ammo at that price on your own damn site?

Also the FID info not transfering over is bullshit. I just ordered from FM about a week ago and I didn't need to re-submit my FID and DL to them.

Unless of course the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

I've been a FM fanboi for a while, but this latest round of shenanigans (including the horrid website revamp) has made me question my loyalty.

I don't get the GearHog thing either. Why not just offer the ammo at that price on your own damn site?

Also the FID info not transfering over is bullshit. I just ordered from FM about a week ago and I didn't need to re-submit my FID and DL to them.

Unless of course the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

It's just a BS excuse. I've ordered from them in the past, and have never had to send in my FID or DL info to them.