AverageJoe

FYI - Gun For Hire Closed Today 5/29

It is something that is always a risk at ranges . It's tragic , I know the staff there is highly trained in preventing and responding to an event and they really monitor what is going on there, but not everyone behaves in the text book way when they are going to do something like this .

My heart goes out to my trainers there . You guys are top notch and you did not deserve to have someone do this in your range .

Im not huge on victim pity when they do something that affects others in this way ...but my sympathy goes out to the family .

I've been there many times and also a member. Anthony and the gang always have safety first. Can't say enough good things about them.

My prayers go out the friend, family and the GFH gang.

Best Wishes to all who had to deal with situation.  This is a terrible plague on our society.  Shows how hard it is to stop these happenings.  Now the shooting community will suffer for it.  We will never know, but one wonders what roll prescription medication had to play in this situation.  I bet more than any of us will ever know.

It is something that is always a risk at ranges . It's tragic , I know the staff there is highly trained in preventing and responding to an event and they really monitor what is going on there, but not everyone behaves in the text book way when they are going to do something like this .

My heart goes out to my trainers there . You guys are top notch and you did not deserve to have someone do this in your range .

Im not huge on victim pity when they do something that affects others in this way ...but my sympathy goes out to the family .

Thats the thing, no amount of training can prevent it, they're gonna find a way...wasn't a matter of if just a matter of when.

I was there just an hour or two before this happened and there were 6 RO's in the 25-yard range so don't know what you're talking about but it isn't reality. You can't stop stupid like this guy was.

Why even argue how many ROs you need in a situation like this? If someone goes in there calm cool and collected and turns the gun on them selves it's all going to happen faster then anyone could react. ROs couldn't just instantly tackle the guy or something like that and might even end of shooting the guy themselves. They provided medical treatment until an ambulance arrived, what else do you want them to do?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

True, but maybe someone could have noticed or "sensed" something suddenly wasn't right with the person in that lane, and asked if everything is ok. Just a bad situation for the workers and other customers who may (or may not) have been in the same room. Wish it could have been avoided.

Unless it was BHP, could care less if he/she offer himself.

Why don't you both quit it.  

It's a terrible situation for the person, his unfortunate friend who witnessed it, his family, and the good folks at GFH range.  I'm a platinum member there and I remember when I found out the range was opening I haunted Anthony for months to make sure I received one of the memberships before they open.  I am patron there but consider myself friends with Charlie, Rob, Jimmie, Anthony, Paul, Sai, on and on.  It's horrible that someone has done this just like it was horrible when it happened at RTSP and it WILL be horrible when it happens somewhere else next.

However, what we don't need is two newbies going back and forth, smack talking and one of you suggesting someone else  committ suicide.  I can only hope you're trolls and not gun owners in NJ. 

• Like 2

Their accounts were created in 2013 and 2014.  "They" (assuming that it is in fact two people and not one) never posted until now.

Let's ignore the trolls.  A terrible tragedy happened and many people's lives have been changed for the worse.  This petty sidetrack is both disrespectful and insensitive to all who were there.

Solid advice, thanks.  

I haven't been to the range in a while mostly due to my busy work schedule and family, but the news of this reminded me that I should be renewing my gold membership again to show my support to this incredible place of business. I'm sure Anthony doesn't remember me but we've met several times when I was there and took class there. I really hope this doesn't hurt the business or bring any negativity to this place. What a selfish thing to do. I see it already brought some trolls out of the woodwork just on this forum alone

This facility is top notch in terms of safety, with the friendliest most professional people in the gun world that I've ever encountered. They didn't deserve this to happen at their facility.

I've been at the range more times than I can remember. I was a silver member and upgraded to Gold.

I always have great conversations with the guys and gals behind the counter and the RSOs. I can't thank thank Anthony and the gang enough for keep us safe.

Anthony is a great leader and knows his crew. He will know when it's the right time to open again.

Whatever day that is, my wife and I will be at the range showing our support.

Anthony keep up the great work you do for our sport and 2A right. We have your back.

• Like 2