SkiingGunMonkey

Wallet Stolen - FID question regarding sale?

Hi Guys,

I recently had my wallet stolen, reported it and all, but had my FID card in it. Still waiting on replacement, but wanted to sell a few firearms and was wondering if I could still do so legally? I remember somewhere it's only necessary for purchase and not sale, but wasn't sure. Should I fill out my FID number (I have old CoE and Pictures of my FID) or just leave it blank if it is allowed?

Cmon people. Keep your orig FiD in the safe and carry copies around. I have a copy in three different range bags. And would keep a copy in the glove box of car (so I wouldn't have to open the bag to show a cop). But I won't keep one in the car in case my car gets burglarized

Cmon people. Keep your orig FiD in the safe and carry copies around. I have a copy in three different range bags. And would keep a copy in the glove box of car (so I wouldn't have to open the bag to show a cop). But I won't keep one in the car in case my car gets burglarized

FPIDs are kept in wallets of those who purchase long guns and ammo frequently.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

What good is a copy, nobody is going to accept a copy when an FID card is required.  And in your subsequent post you suggest color copy and laminate and no one is going to know - I think that doing so might actually be considered a felony.

Wouldn't that be a counterfiet ID?

Only if it is used for ID. The law says you can not exhibit a fake government issued document.

Only if it is used for ID. The law says you can not exhibit a fake government issued document.

So you might as well laminate a blank piece of paper, as the color copied laminated one serves no legal purpose and once you show it to someone you are a criminal.

Fine. Then you guys can carry around DAILY a document that if it gets lost is harder to replace than a passport in most municipalities.

I'm 100% comfirtabke using a COPY of it as long as I am not a prihibuted person

• Like 1

Fine. Then you guys can carry around DAILY a document that if it gets lost is harder to replace than a passport in most municipalities.

Agree with you that what you have to go through to get a replacement is crazy.  But using a copy is no different than handing a cop a copy of a driver's license or using a copy of a passport, all of these acts are illegal.  Will anything come of it, maybe or maybe not; but it is still illegal.

I'll bet its going to be easier to replace a lost FPID than getting one back if its taken away. And to pile on they take your guns too, throw in lawyer fees....but thats just my own lack of a comfort zone & paranoia talking here...like said above maybe nothing comes of it....maybe. I highly doubt an FFL or private sale would knowingly accept it anyway so whats the purpose of it?. Would you accept a copy in a private sale?

Too many divergences here. Would I accept a "copy" if I was selling to someone ? If it's an exact replica of one laminated how would I know the diffferremce ?

And guys stop it with the drivers license comparison. Your privelege to drive is not deternined my a piece of paper. You either have it or its revoked. If I get pulled over and I don't have my license and I say to the cop. "I don't have my license with me. But here is apiece of paper with my DL # you can run it. I WILL NOT GO TO JAIL. I AM NOT A CRIMINAL. the worst I would get is a failure to produce.

So stop with the DL comparisons. Stop thinking a piece of paper makes you legal. It doesn't.

Edit: How abiut this. I hand him a photo copy of my license in black and white: I will not be arrested.

Too many divergences here. Would I accept a "copy" if I was selling to someone ? If it's an exact replica of one laminated how would I know the diffferremce ?

And guys stop it with the drivers license comparison. Your privelege to drive is not deternined my a piece of paper. You either have it or its revoked. If I get pulled over and I don't have my license and I say to the cop. "I don't have my license with me. But here is apiece of paper with my DL # you can run it. I WILL NOT GO TO JAIL. I AM NOT A CRIMINAL. the worst I would get is a failure to produce.

So stop with the DL comparisons. Stop thinking a piece of paper makes you legal. It doesn't.

Edit: How abiut this. I hand him a photo copy of my license in black and white:

A piece of paper does not make you legal, but or presenting a non-official document can land you in jail wether it be an FID or a license or any other official document when you try to pass it off as the original. That said when I travel I keep a photo copy of my passport with me, not to try to cross a border with but to present if needed to a US consulate to facilitate getting a new one.

I just decided to put my copy of my FID into my range bag as the same compartment that my loaded mags are in.

I dance with the devil!!

Having those loaded mags will just be an added on charge to the fake FPID and now you're really screwed. You need to think about what you're doing to your family etc...

Just kidding lol. I bring loaded mags all the time to the range, just did some now and headed out.