jtd771

A 6 Year Old's Logic

Over the weekend I was taking my son (6) to a friend's birthday party.  The party was Star Wars themed so he had one of his storm trooper figures with him.  He was asking me about the storm trooper's gun as if it was real.  He then asks me how many laser bullets it had.  I said I didn't know and maybe it depended on the size of the battery it had.  He then asked me "how many bullets do real guns have"?  I said it depends on the gun, some only one others up to 15 (kept it simple).  He asked why only 15.  I said it's the law.  He asked why was it the law.  I said because our politicians thought we would be safer if the guns were limited to only holding 15 bullets.  He paused for a second and then said, "but bad guys don't follow the law".  My six year old gets it why can't our politicians?

• Like 3

Kids ask the darndest questions.  Just a few weeks ago a friends 8 year old asked why they had to pin their rifle stocks when they came from PA to New Jermany - he could not give the kid a logical answer either.

Over the weekend I was taking my son (6) to a friend's birthday party.  The party was Star Wars themed so he had one of his storm trooper figures with him.  He was asking me about the storm trooper's gun as if it was real.  He then asks me how many laser bullets it had.  I said I didn't know and maybe it depended on the size of the battery it had.  He then asked me "how many bullets do real guns have"?  I said it depends on the gun, some only one others up to 15 (kept it simple).  He asked why only 15.  I said it's the law.  He asked why was it the law.  I said because our politicians thought we would be safer if the guns were limited to only holding 15 bullets.  He paused for a second and then said, "but bad guys don't follow the law".  My six year old gets it why can't our politicians?

If your son ran for office, he'd get MY  VOTE!!

That's great!  We should ask our politicians if they're smarter than a six year-old.  

I vaguely recall a show on tv, "Are you smarter than a fifth grader?" 

I think it was that bald black comedian/talk show guy, Steve Harvey? The one who screwed up the Miss America pageant? 

Absolutely brilliant reasoning. Seriously. "Rational thought is strong in this one!"

I vaguely recall a show on tv, "Are you smarter than a fifth grader?"

I think it was that bald black comedian/talk show guy, Steve Harvey? The one who screwed up the Miss America pageant?

Jeff foxworthy

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Awesome story!  My six year old last night was watching "Adventures in Babysitting" with my wife and me.  During the scene when the truck driver shoots at the man and his wife in the house (I don't know the movie well, nor was I paying much attention) my daughter said, "wow - that guy is a murderer!  He tried to shoot a good person with his gun!"  I was impressed with her distinction between shooting a good guy vs. shooting a bad guy.  The kid of a typical anti would probably just say he was a murderer for shooting anyone, regardless of whether the receiver was a good or bad guy.