Purple Patrick

FFL holding pistol for private sale

As I'm sure you have seen a member on here is moving and selling a few guns. My question is will an ffl hold a pistol for a customer to make a private sale and then I can just mail the paperwork to him or will that not work?

To break the scenario down I want the sellers pistol but don't have permits. Will an ffl hold the gun until permits are in(i'm sure at a fee) and then I can just complete the purchase at the ffl(assuming I pay prior) and mail the paperwork to them?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I figured it's simple but won't an ffl who gets a good deal on a pistol potentially pull a fast one and up charge me or sell it while I wait? I have no idea I haven't done this one before

If you have A question in your mind like that with A FFL your want to do this with, You need to find A new FFL.

Very slim chance of that happening, But that's why its always good to have A FFL you know and can depend on. There are some on this forum, Give A couple A call.

• Like 1

If you have A question in your mind like that with A FFL your want to do this with, You need to find A new FFL.

Very slim chance of that happening, But that's why its always good to have A FFL you know and can depend on. There are some on this forum, Give A couple A call.

I was thinking the same thing.  What kind of douchey FFL's are you messing with haha

Figured I'd ask and get an answer but you guys are right probably just should have reached out directly to a reputable ffl but like I said I don't have any knowledge on the subject. I've pmed the seller to see who he uses so I don't inconvenience them by driving to up to me

I was thinking the same thing. What kind of douchey FFL's are you messing with haha

Not that I don't trust the guys I normally use I just don't have any knowledge on how this works so I figured I'd see before getting prices.

Wait until you're holding a gun for 2 years. [emoji23]

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

Holy crap please tell me you are kidding.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk